Jorge Luís Andrade
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Jorge Luís Andrade da Silva|
|Date of birth||21 April 1957|
|Place of birth||Juiz de Fora, Brazil|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|1978–1979||→ ULA Mérida (loan)||0||(0)|
|1989–1990||Vasco da Gama||19||(0)|
|1991||Inter de Lages||33||(4)|
|2014||São João da Barra|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Jorge Luís Andrade da Silva (born 21 April 1957 in Juiz de Fora, MG), better known as Andrade, is a Brazilian former defensive midfielder. After retiring from his career as an athlete, he became a head coach, having won the 2009 Brazilian Championship as Flamengo's general manager.
From 1977 to 1987 he played for Flamengo, taking part in the club's Golden Age and winning four Rio de Janeiro State Championships, four Brazilian Championships (1980, 1982, 1983, 1987), the 1981 Copa Libertadores and the 1981 Intercontinental Cup.
With 569 matches for Flamengo, Andrade has the 5th most appearances for the club.
After a period as Flamengo's assistant manager, including working as interin manager in four occasions, Andrade finally had a chance as manager replacing Cuca, sacked by the club's directors, and won the 2009 Brazilian Championship, after 17 years of Flamengo's waiting.
- Scores and results list Brazil's goal tally first.
|1.||3 August 1988||Praterstadion, Vienna, Austria||Austria||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
- As of April 22, 2010
- Futpédia (Portuguese)
- GOLDBLATT, David. Futebol Nation: The Story of Brazil through Soccer. Nation Books
- Flamengo manager profile Archived 2009-11-07 at the Wayback Machine. (Portuguese)
- Andrade é efetivado como técnico (Portuguese)
- Cuca é demitido do cargo de técnico e concorda que era o melhor caminho (Portuguese)
- "Andrade". National Football Teams. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Much of the content of this article comes from the equivalent Portuguese-language Wikipedia article