Just Add Water (company)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||24 October 2006|
Number of employees
Just Add Water (Development) Ltd., doing business as Just Add Water, is an independent video game developer based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom. Founded by Stewart Gilray in 2006, Just Add Water has worked on different titles for the PlayStation 3 and PC, notably the Oddworld series. They have teamed up with Oddworld Inhabitants, to recreate the series in high definition as well as working on new installments in the series.
On 16 July 2010, Just Add Water announced they would start work on multiple Oddworld projects. On 3 September 2010, Just Add Water announced they would be updating Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in HD with enhanced 720p visuals, more detailed character models, remastered dialogue, PlayStation Move Support and "additional bonus material." A collection containing all four original games called the Oddbox, for Steam service was released on 20 December 2010. Both Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath made their debut on Windows PC with updates including Steamworks, which integrated new features including stats and Steam Achievements.
Just Add Water released Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD for the PlayStation Network on 21 December in Europe and 28 December in North America. They have released an HD Remake of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD for the PlayStation Network which was released on 19 December in Europe and on Christmas Eve 2012 in North America.
The next new instalments will be a 2D HD re-make of the Abe's Oddysee game, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! is to come out in the Summer of 2014 and had a public showing of a pre-alpha footage at Eurogamer Expo 2012. They have announced that they will complete Oddworld: Hand of Odd, which is a real time strategy online game which was halted in the early 2000s, and it shall be released as a free-to-play title. Oddworld Inhabitants have also stated that 'Squeek's Oddysee' is in pre-production phases, with Just Add Water as the developer. In April 2015, Oddworld Inhabitants announced that a ground up remake of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus is in the planning stages and more information about the project will be announced later.
In 2013, Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear series, asked if a developer would remake the Metal Gear Solid on the Fox Engine. Just Add Water sent a letter to Kojima for permission to work on this project, saying that "we really, really want to do it." 
|2009||Gravity Crash||Multidirectional shooter||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable|
|2011||Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD||First-person/Third-person action-adventure||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Windows|
|2012||Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD||Platform||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita|
|2014||Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!||Side-scrolling, Platform||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Windows, OS X, Linux, Xbox One|
|2014||Gravity Crash Ultra||Multidirectional shooter||PlayStation Vita|
|2015||I am Bread||Action-adventure, simulation||PlayStation 4|
|2015||Volume||Stealth game||PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita|
|2016||Lumo||Platform||PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One|
|2016||Volume: Coda||Stealth game||PlayStation 4|
|2017||I am Bread||Action-adventure, simulation||Xbox One|
|2017||Micro Machines World Series||Racing||PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
- "Location". Just Add Water (Dev) Ltd.
- : (13 June 2009). "Gravity Crash announced for PlayStation Network". Videogamesblogger.com. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- - By Stephen Johnson (16 July 2010). "Just Add Water Working On Multiple Oddworld Projects". G4tv.com. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Kietzmann, Ludwig (3 September 2010). "Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath remake coming to PS3 in 2011". Joystiq. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- http://www.gamespot.com/articles/oddworld-abe-s-exoddus-remake-is-brewing/1100-6426606/ Gamespot Abe's Exxodus Remake Announced
- ""Gravity Crash Ultra" Coming To PlayStation VITA". Just Add Water. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "I am Bread Delivers Fresh-Baked Gaming Goodness on PlayStation 4 This Summer". Just Add Water. 4 June 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Oddworld developer handling PS4 and Vita versions of Mike Bithell's Volume". 1 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Console versions of Lumo developed by JAW!". 4 March 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Volume: Coda - JAW Ltd". Just Add Water. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "I am Bread lands on Xbox One today". Just Add Water. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 4 July 2017.