|Elevation||84 m (276 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kadambur is located at  It has an average elevation of 84 metres (275 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Kadambur had a population of 4379. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Kadambur has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 61%. In Kadambur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Nearby villages include Kalugasalapuram, Chockalingapuram, Onamaakulam, Kallathikinaru, Malaipatti, Parivillikottai and Kollankinar.
- Sandrore Middle School (Saraswathi Vidyalaya)
- K.A.R.M.George Middle School
- Hindu Nadar's Higher Secondary School
- Ambigai Parasakthi Sri Mariamman Temple (Kadambur Hindu Nadar Uravinmurai Sangam)
- Ambigai Sri Kaliamman Temple (Kadambur Hindu Nadar Uravinmurai Sangam)
- Lord Siva Temple - Sri Udayanambesvar
- Periya Karuppasamy Temple
- Sri Arulmigu Periya Andavar Temple
- Sudalaimaadan Temple
- Sri Narayana Swamy Temple
- Arulmigu Sri Karuppa swami, Sri Ullakamman Kovil, (JaminKadambur Maravar Samuthayam).
Kadambur railway station lies in between Kovilpatti and Vanchi Maniyachchi Junction of the Southern Railway Zone of Indian Railways. Tuticorin Airport is the nearest domestic airport. Regular buses run from Kadambur bus station to Tuticorin, Kovilpatti, Idaiseval and several other places.
Private bus companies running from/to Kadambur include Selva Vinayagar Transport, SSP Transport, Periyaraja Transport and Veni Transport, Chepparai which links Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Kovilpatti, Vilathikulam, Pasuvanthanai and other nearby villages.
- Govt Hospital.
- TN Somasundaram Nadar & Saraswathi Ammamal Memorial Hospital.
- Central Bank of India
- Tuticorin Cooperative Bank
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kadambur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kadambur.|