|• Total||20 km2 (8 sq mi)|
|Area rank||1'st Rank (with compare to other tehsil(taluka) of Gandhinagar)|
|• Density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
- 1 Demographics
- 2 Geography
- 3 Climate
- 4 Religion
- 5 Transportation
- 6 Economy
- 7 Culture
- 8 Sports
- 9 Education
- 10 Hospitals
- 11 Courts
- 12 Police Stations
- 13 Entertainment
- 14 Tourists Attraction
- 15 References
As of 2011[update] India census, Kalol (M + OG) had a population of 133,737 with 69,898 males and 63,839 females; it has 13,719 children aged 0–6 (7,397 male and 6,322 female), and 103,561 literates (57,548 male and 46,013 female)
Kalol is divided into three major areas:
- Kalol East
- Kalol center
- Kalol West
In East side there are industries like Sintex (Plastic Industry),Bharat Vijay Mill (Textile Industry) among others and also includes residential area. And in Center and West side, these both are residential areas. Center and West area is most developed area of Kalol. In Center, Shreenagar area and near Garden area, Vardhmannagar area is developed area of Kalol. Currently, West Panchwati area is developing area. The Cost of residence area is very high in Center area and mostly in West area of Kalol. Malls are also situated in center area.
Shree Sardar Patel Garden is very well known garden of Kalol.
Kalol has an average elevation of 81 metres (266 feet). The city sits on the banks of the Sabarmati River, in north-central-East Gujarat.
Kalol has a monsoon climate with three main seasons: summer, monsoon and winter. The climate is generally dry and hot outside of the monsoon season. The weather is hot to severely hot from March to June when the maximum temperature stays in the range of 36 to 42 °C (97 to 108 °F), and the minimum in the range of 19 to 27 °C (66 to 81 °F). It is warm from December to February, the average maximum temperature is around 29 °C (84 °F), the average minimum is 14 °C (57 °F), and the climate is extremely dry. The southwest monsoon brings a humid climate from mid-June to mid-September. The average annual rainfall is around 803.4 mm (31.63 in).
Hindus are the largest religious community of the city. Other religious communities include Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and Jains.
Places of Worship
There are many Mosques, Dargah and Temples spread around the town of Kalol.
Major Hindu temples are situated in city area which includes: Satayanarayan Temple, Kapileshwar Mahadev Temple, Ambaji Temple, Bharat Sevashram Sangha (Hanuman Temple, Durga Temple, Ganesh Temple) and Gayatri Temples, whilst the famous Jamiyatpura Hanuman Temple in Jamiyatpura, is 10 km from Kalol and Tri-Mandir and Adalaj step well which is at Adalaj cross road is also 10 km from Kalol.
Other religious places like Gurudwara, Church and Derasar are also situated in different areas of Kalol.
Kalol lies between three cities: Ahmedabad (largest city Of Gujarat), Gandhinagar(Capital & Green City of Gujarat) and Mehsana making it an important city for transportation.
Nearest Domestic & International Airport is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in nearby Ahmedabad is 30 km away from Kalol and provides connectivity with domestic flights to the Metropolitan and other major cities of India. It also provides many International flights from Ahmedabad to across the world.
Kalol lies on the main railway line connecting Ahmedabad to Jaipur, Marwad, Abu, New Delhi and other North Indian states. Kalol Railway Station is on the Western Railways:Ahmedabad-Mehsana line. The main train connections include Ranakpur Express, Ahmedabad-Delhi Mail, Aravalli Express and Ahmedabad-Patan Passenger.
Kalol is connected to Surat, Mumbai, and Navi Mumbai through National Highway 8A. It is connected to Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Udaipur, New Delhi & Chandigarh through the National Highway 8C. Highway also connecting to Mount Abu-Ambaji also passes through the town.
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) buses are available for all major cities of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) facility is available at two bus stands in Kalol. 1) City Bus Stand, 2) Ambica bus stand at Kalol is convenient to get transport for anywhere in Gujarat. CNG auto-rickshaws are available for local transport.
Ahmedabad to Kalol By Road Distance : 30 Kilometer and Gandhinagar to Kalol By Road Distance : 20 Kilometer,
Farmer & Fertilizers Industry
IFFCO Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative is Gujarat's biggest industry which is located at Kasturinagar Kalol.
An ONGC oil station is also situated at Saij, Kalol.
The town is an important industrial center with many industries in and near town of Chhatral. Sintex (Plastic Giant) and Bharat Vijay Mill (Cloth Manufacturer) are situated in Kalol. Sintex is the largest manufacturer of plastic tanks in Asia, and performs business all over Europe and America through its foreign acquisitions. Asahi Songwon Colors Limited leading Pigment Manufacturer of India has its head office at Chhatral besides its another manufacturing plant in vadodara. Heavy Metal and Tubes Ltd. has 3 manufacturing units at Chhatral road and a corporate office at Ahmedabad.
India's largest fertilizers company, IFFCO has setup its First Ammonia- Urea Complex in 1974 at Kalol in Gujarat state. It has commissioned on Nov.05, 1974 Kalol was IFFCO's second big production facility and the most efficient. After the recent expansion plan the total output of the facility is going to increase by manifold. In 2014-15 IFFCO's Kalol plant produced 0.360 MTPA of Ammonia and 0.550 of Urea, reaching a new height. IFFCO Kalol achieved lowest yearly energy consumption for both Ammonia and Urea Plants. It has established a Kasturinagar Township near Kalol.
Major festivals celebrated include
- Durga Puja, A Bengali version of Navaratri, organized by local Bengali community at Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Puja starts from 6th day of Navaratri & ends on Vijaya Dasami (Dashera).
- Uttarayan, an annual kite-flying day on 14 and 15 January.
- Navaratri: Nine nights - Navratri are celebrated with people performing Garba, the most popular folk dance of Gujarat, at venues across the city.
- Diwali and Gujarati New year: The festival of lights, Deepavali, is celebrated with the lighting of lamps in every house, decorating the floors with rangoli, and the lighting of firecrackers.
- Holi: a festival of colours
- Dussehra and Ravan Dahan (Rama Navami) is celebrated by Sindhi community of Kalol, And it was celebrated on Vakharia School Ground till 2013 but At 2014 it celebrated at Auda Gordan Near by Kapileshwar Mahadev Temple
- Shivaratri celebrated at Kapileshwar Mahadev Temple
- Janmashtami celebrated various temples in Kalol
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Christmas is celebrated by the Christian Community(Kalol Christian Fellowship - KCF) at St. Xavier's Church, Kalol on 24th and 25 December every year.
- Onam is celebrated by the Kerala Community residing in Kalol in the beginning of the month of Chingam, the first month of the solar Malayalam calendar.
- Bakra Eid is celebrated by the Muslim Community every year.
The folk dances of Gujarat, Garba, Raas, and Dandiya have been successful in breaking the confinements of locality, and the festival of Navratri brings together the whole of India. Special dancing competitions and lavish feasts are organized during the holy festival of Navratri. During the prominent festival of Navratri many forms of dances are performed; raas is one of them. Raas is a very energetic and colourful dance in which body language, eye contact, expressions and rhythm play a major part. Two circles formed by men and women revolve clockwise and anticlockwise following the rhythm of the music, while clanging their dandias with their respective partners.
Cricket is the most popular sport in Kalol. There are several grounds in the city like Vakhariya Ground etc. The Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera located in the nearby city of Ahmedabad is one of the Test cricket grounds in India and is a venue for International cricket matches. Other sports such as football, hockey, basketball, tennis and badminton are also popular in the city.
Schools in Kalol are affiliated with the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board. Under the (10+2 Plan), students complete ten years of schooling, and then enroll in Higher Secondary School, where they choose from one of three streams: Arts, Commerce or Science. Which is then followed by either a general degree course in a chosen field of study, or a professional degree course, such as Law, engineering, medicine etc. Maximum Institutes are Available within Kalol. Education is available up to master's degree. Schools are there for both Gujarati and English medium of instructions.
Colleges & Institutes
- Excel Institute, Kalol
- Gandhinagar Institute of Technology, Khatraj, Kalol
- Kalol Institutes & Research Centre
- Kalol Institute Of Pharmacy
- P.H.G. Municipal Arts and Science College.
- Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Relief Complex, Vepari Jin, Kalol
- P.P.Chauhan Institute for computer education
- Saffrony Institute of Engineering, Nr. Shanku's Water Park, Mehsana Highway
- Sarvoday College of Education,Kalol
- Sarvoday College of Physiotherapy, Kalol
- Universal College of Engineering, Vadsar, Kalol
- Venus International College of Technology
- Vakhariya College of Kalol.
- Ankit Vidhyalaya
- Ananya Vidyalaya
- Bharat High School
- Caravan English Medium School
- Caravan Gujarati Medium School
- Divya Prakash Academy
- Sheth K.G.M.Girls High School
- Holy Child school
- Kalol Junior Science College
- Lotus High School
- Navrang High School
- Shree Anandam High School
- Saint Anne's High School
- Saint Xavier's School
- S.S.Patel School of Science
- Shantiniketan Rotary Vidyalaya (REM school)
- Vakhariya High School.
- Joyful International School
- President Education trust
- Aryan Public School
- And other Government Schools
- Ananya college of nursing
- Bachelor's College (affiliated with Gujarat University)
- Kalol Institute & Research Centre
- P.H.G. Arts & Science College
- Shah C.K.Municipal Commerce College
- Umiya Girls PTC College
- Adarsh Hospital
- Mahalaxmi Hospital
- Arpan Hospital - Kalol
- Harsh Surgical Hospital and Endolaproscopy Centre
- Ishan Gynec Hospital, Panchvati area Kalol
- Kalol Civil Hospital
- Maa Maternity
- Rajesh Hospital in kalol
- Sanjivani Hospital (Kalol)
- Shraddha Hospital
- Umiya Heart
- Vinayak Oza Orthopedic
- Yash Hospital (Kalol) - Kalol - Hospital
- Dr. Bhagat Ano-Rectal Hospital
- My Life Hospital
- Civil & Criminal Court of Kalol (Taluka Court of Kalol) near Taluka panchayat of Kalol behind Navjivan Mill. (Center Kalol)
- Labour Court of Kalol (on Kalol Highway)
There are two Police stations in Kalol: City Police Station (Center Kalol, near Ganesh Temple Tower Area) and Tehsil(Taluka) Police Station (near Ambica Highway Kalol)
In Kalol, Sardar Patel Garden is very well-known among the old and new generations alike. It is one of the best places to meditate, exercise and get close to nature. It has a good number of trees and plantations. Other places include multiplex R-World near Jamiyatpura village, located 10 km from Kalol.
Movie-Plex theater is located at the entrance of the city.
- Thol Lake or Thol Bird Sanctuary is a fresh water lake surrounded by marshes, situated at Thol Village 20 km from Kalol.
- Adalaj Stepwell, 10 km south of Kalol. The well was built in 1499 A.D. by Queen Rudabai. The step well or Vav, as it is called in Gujarati, is intricately carved and is several stories in depth. The designs on its walls and pillars include, leaves, flowers, birds, fish and other ornamental designs.
- "Census of India 2011: GUJURAT District census handbook series 25 Part XIIB p34-35" (PDF). Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "R World".