Keith Wright (basketball)
|No. 35 – Westchester Knicks|
|League||NBA Development League|
|Born||July 22, 1989|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Princess Anne (Virginia Beach, Virginia)
Norfolk Collegiate (Norfolk, Virginia)
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Wright attended Princess Anne High School and Norfolk Collegiate School, where he graduated from. As a senior, he averaged 20.5 points, 13.0 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game. In high school, Wright was a two-time All-State selection.
In Wright's freshman season, he appeared in 24 games, including 17 starts. He averaged 8.0 points per game and 5.5 rebounds per game. He was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week twice.
Wright appeared in 24 games, starting in 18. During his sophomore season, Wright averaged 8.9 points per game and 4.6 rebounds per game. During this season, Harvad made the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament. Harvard lost in the first round of the tournament to Appalachian State.
In his junior season at Harvard, Wright played well enough to be named the 2011 Ivy League Men's Basketball Player of the Year, after leading the Crimson in scoring at 14.8 points per game and rebounding at 8.3 rebounds per game. Wright was also a unanimous selection to the Men's Basketball All-Ivy First Team. In Wright's junior season, Harvard made the National Invitation Tournament for the first time in school history, but lost in the first round to Oklahoma State. In the game, Wright recorded ten points and four rebounds.
Prior to his senior season, Wright was named to the Wooden Award preseason top 50 watch list. He was also named the preseason Ivy League Player of the Year by Rivals.com, Athlon Sports, and Sporting News.  Wright was a co-captain with Oliver McNally. In Wright's senior season, he averaged 10.6 points per game and 8.1 rebounds per game. He also became the Crimson's all-time leading shot blocker. This was good enough for Wright to be named to the Men's Basketball All-Ivy League second team. In the 2011-12 season, Harvard made the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament for the first time since 1946. Harvard lost to the Vanderbilt Commodores in the round of 64, with Wright recording eight points and nine rebounds. After the season ended, Wright was chosen to play in the Reese's All-Star Game. Wright recorded seven points and six rebounds in the game.  Wright also participated in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament.
After going undrafted in the 2012 NBA Draft, Wright joined the Dallas Mavericks for the 2012 NBA Summer League. In October 2012, he signed with Uppsala Basket of Sweden for the 2012–13 season. He went on to be named the 2013 Center of the Year.
On July 16, 2013, Wright signed a one-year deal with Czarni Słupsk of the Polish Basketball League. In January 2014, he left Czarni and re-signed with Uppsala for the rest of the 2013–14 season.
On November 1, 2014, Wright was selected by the Austin Spurs in the third round of the 2014 NBA Development League Draft. In 46 regular season games for Austin in 2014–15, Wright averaged 5.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game. On October 30, 2015, Wright was reacquired by the Spurs. On February 23, 2016, he was traded to the Westchester Knicks in exchange for Wesley Saunders. On February 25, he made his debut for Westchester in a 98–86 win over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, recording four points, three rebounds and one block in 12 minutes.
- "CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament".
- "Keith Wright: Harvard Athletics".
- "Men's Basketball All-Ivy". Retrieved 23 January 2012.
- "Oklahoma State beats Harvard in NIT opener". usatoday.com. 15 March 2011.
- "Harvard Crimson vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys- Boxscore". espn.go.com.
- "Keith Wright".
- "Keith Wright stats".
- "Men's Basketball All-Ivy". Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Harvard Crimson vs. Vanderbilt Commodores- NCAA Tournament Game-Recap".
- Herman, Scott. "Wright Competes in Reese's All-Star Game".
- Bender, Keith. "Keith Wright To Play in Portsmouth Invitational".
- "Wright Signs Summer League Contract with Dallas Mavericks". gocrimson.com. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Wright Agrees to Contract with Uppsala Basket". gocrimson.com. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Energa Czarni Slupsk lands former Harvard Keith Wright
- Keith Wright comes back to Uppsala
- The Austin Spurs Select Forward Erik Murphy With The 3rd Pick In The 2014-15 NBA D League Draft
- Keith Wright D-League Stats
- "AUSTIN SPURS ANNOUNCE 2015 RETURNING PLAYERS AND TRAINING CAMP INVITEES". NBA.com. October 30, 2015. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Westchester Knicks Acquire Ra'shad James and Keith Wright". OurSportsCentral.com. February 23, 2016. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- "Bachynski, Trice Lead Knicks To Win Over Mad Ants". NBA.com. February 25, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2016.