Kelly M. Schulz
|Kelly M. Schulz|
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates
from the 4A district
January 12, 2011 – February 13, 2015
Serving with Kathy Afzali
|Preceded by||Paul S. Stull, Joseph R. Bartlett|
January 2, 1969 |
|Children||Brandon and Bradley|
|Residence||Lake Linganore, Maryland|
|Alma mater||Hood College B.A. in political science 2006|
|Committees||Economic Matters Committee, science & technology subcommittee, business regulation subcommittee, workers' compensation subcommittee|
|Website||Kelly M. Schulz, Maryland State Delegate|
Kelly M. Schulz (born January 2, 1969) is an American politician and serves as the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation. She was formerly a member of the Maryland House of Delegates representing District 4A in Frederick County, Maryland.
Schulz is a former aide to Sen. David R. Brinkley and the Maryland House Republican Caucus. She also has worked for the federal government, as an appointee to the Environmental Protection Agency under President George W. Bush. Her service to the Maryland Republican Party was recognized with the Grass Roots Activist Award in 2005 and she represented Maryland at the Republican Party National Convention in 2008.
In the legislature
Schulz won a seat in the two member district 4A in Frederick County by finishing first in a field of 5 candidates in the 2010 Maryland Gubernatorial general election. In the primary election Schulz finished second, edging out incumbent Delegate Paul S. Stull by 6 votes. Schulz was sworn in on January 12, 2011 and has been assigned to the House Economic Matters committee.
Since winning her seat in 2011, Schulz has served on the Economic Matters Committee and been a member of the Women Legislators of Maryland.
On December 17, Governor-Elect Larry Hogan announced at a press conference that he had chosen Ms. Schulz to be his Secretary for the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. She assumed this position on Feb 13, 2015.
- "Maryland Manual On-Line". Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- Cunningham, Erin (August 20, 2010). "From legislative aide to legislator". Gazette.Net. Post-Newsweek Media, Inc. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "2010 Gubernatorial Elections". Maryland State board of Elections. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- Kelly Schulz - Summary - Project Vote Smart
- "2010 Gubernatorial Primary Election, House of Delegates, Legislative District 04A". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Kelly Schulz's profile at LinkedIn