This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
North American cover art
|Genre(s)||Action game, platformer|
Kendo Rage, known in Japan as Makeruna! Makendō (負けるな!魔剣道, "Do Not Lose! Kendo Magic"), is an action video game for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom by Datam Polystar. Seta U.S.A. published the English version.
It is a 2D action side scrolling game.
The original Japanese version of the game stars a girl named Mai Tsurugino (剣野 舞 Tsurugino Mai). A spirit detective named Doro (ドロ) finds Mai and asks her to help him attack monsters.
In the English-language version of the game, an American girl named Josephine "Jo" goes to Japan to attend a summer kendo school. Her personal trainer, Osaki "Bob" Yoritomo, asks her to fight monsters on the way to school.
Makeruna! Makendō was released for the Super Famicom on January 22, 1993. An OVA series, Makeruna! Makendo, closely follows the original Japanese version of the game, featuring both Mai and her younger sister Hikari (the main character from the second game).
A fighting game follow-up titled Makeruna! Makendō 2: Kimero Youkai Souri was released for the Super Famicom and PlayStation. A role-playing video game titled Makeruna! Makendō Z was released for the PC-FX.
- "負けるな！魔剣道 [スーパーファミコン] / ファミ通.com". www.famitsu.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "Wayback Machine" (PDF). 2008-09-20. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "負けるな！魔剣道2 決めろ！妖怪総理大臣 [スーパーファミコン] / ファミ通.com". www.famitsu.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "負けるな！魔剣道2 [PS] / ファミ通.com". www.famitsu.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-24. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- "負けるな！魔剣道Z [PC-FX] / ファミ通.com". www.famitsu.com. Retrieved 2018-08-19.