Kenji (given name)
Kenji Miyazawa, a poet and author of children's literature
|Meaning||Different depending on the kanji|
|Region of origin||Japanese|
Kenji (けんじ, ケンジ) or Kenzi is a Japanese given name for boys.
Kenji can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 賢二, "wise, second"
- 健二, "healthy, second"
- 健次, "healthy, next"
- 謙二, "modest, second"
- 研二, "research, second"
- 憲次, "constitution, next"
- 健司, "healthy, rule"
- 健治, "healthy, govern"
- 賢治, "wise, govern"
- 健児, "healthy, child"
- 堅志, "iron, purpose"
- 謙, modest
- Kenji Anan (健治, born 1962), Japanese stage and film actor
- Kenji Daimanazuru (健司, born 1977), Japanese sumo wrestler
- Kenji Doihara (賢二, 1883–1948), Japanese military general
- Kenji Eda (憲司, born 1956), Japanese politician
- Kenji Fujimori (born 1980), Peruvian politician, son of ex-president Alberto Fujimori
- Kenji Fukuda (born 1977), Japanese footballer for Ehime F.C.
- Kenji Furuya (建志) a vocalist of a Japanese rock group Dragon Ash
- Kenji Goto (後藤 健二) (1967-2015) Japanese freelance video journalist, killed by ISIL
- Kenji Hatanaka (健二, 1923–1945), Japanese soldier
- Kenji Horikawa (堀川 憲司, born 1965), Japanese anime producer
- Kenji Imaizumi (今泉 健司, born 1973), Japanese shogi player
- Kenji Ishiguro (健治, born 1935), Japanese photographer
- Kenji Ito (賢治, born 1968), Japanese music composer
- Kenji Jasper, American writer
- Kenji Johjima (健司, born 1976), Japanese Major League Baseball catcher
- Kenji Kamiyama (健治, born 1966), Japanese anime director
- Kenji Kawai (憲次, born 1957), Japanese music composer
- Kenji Kawakami (賢司, born 1946), inventor of the Japanese craze Chindōgu
- Kenji Kawashima (健司),an Australian company, ANC Trading Int. managing director
- Kenji Kimihara (健二, born 1941), Japanese long-distance runner
- Kenji Konishi (born 1953), American painter
- Kenji Konishi (健司, born 1955), Japanese electronic musician
- Kenji Kosaka (憲次, born 1946), Japanese politician
- Kenji Matsuda (賢二, born 1971), Japanese actor
- Kenji Miyamoto (figure skater), (born 1978)
- Kenji Miyamoto (politician), (1908-2007)
- Kenji M. Miyamoto, SBS Bulldogs defender
- Kenji Miyazawa (賢治, 1896–1933), Japanese poet and author of children's literature
- Kenji Mizoguchi (健二, 1898–1956), Japanese film director
- Kenji Nakagami (健次, 1946–1992), Japanese author
- Kenji Nagai (健司, 1957–2007), Japanese photographer
- Kenji Nīnuma (謙治), Japanese enka singer
- Kenji Nojima (健児, born 1976), Japanese voice actor
- Kenji Ogiwara (健司, born 1969), Japanese Nordic combined skier
- Kenji Ohtsuki (ケンヂ, born 1966), Japanese heavy metal rock musician
- Kenji Otonari (born 1984), Japanese Baseball pitcher
- Kenji Sahara (健二, born 1932), Japanese actor
- Kenji Sawada (研二, born 1948), Japanese actor and singer
- Kenji Shimaoka (嶋岡 健治, born 1949), Japanese volleyball player
- Michael Kenji Shinoda (篠田 賢治), rapper, keyboardist, backing vocalist and rhythm guitarist of Linkin Park and Fort Minor
- Kenji Suzuki (健二, born 1929), Japanese NHK announcer
- Kenji Tabata (健児, born 1974), Japanese sprinter
- Patrick Kenji Takahashi (born 1940), American biochemical engineer and science writer
- Kenji Tanaka (田中 賢治, born 1983), Japanese footballer
- Kenji Terada (憲史, born 1952), Japanese script writer, anime director, novelist, and scenario writer
- Kenji Tokitsu (born 1947), Japanese author and martial artist
- Kenji Tomiki (謙治, 1900–1979), Japanese aikidoka and judoka
- Kenji Treschuk (born 1982), American soccer defender
- Kenji Tsukagoshi (賢爾, 1900–1943), Japanese aviator and explorer
- Kenji Tsumura (健志, born 1986), professional Magic: The Gathering player
- Kenji Tsuruta (謙二, born 1961), Japanese manga artist and illustrator
- Kenji Ueda (born 1965), Japanese musician better known as Kenzi
- Kenji Utsumi (賢二, 1937–2013), Japanese actor
- Kenji Waki (謙二, born 1960), Japanese shogi player
- Kenji Watanabe (born 1969), Japanese breaststroke swimmer
- Kenji Williams, American filmmaker, electronic music producer, and violinist
- Kenji Wu (born 1979), a Taiwanese singer and actor
- Kenji in the real-time strategy game Battle Realms
- Kenji Delos Reyes from the Filipino novel "She's Dating the Gangster"
- Kenji, the main character in the 2003 Thai film Last Life in the Universe
- Kenji (健二) in the manga franchise Initial D
- Kenji in the video game Need for Speed: Carbon
- Kenji (ケンジ a.k.a. Tracey Sketchit) in the Pokémon anime and manga series Electric Tale of Pikachu
- Kenji in GTA 3
- Kenji Tenzai from Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Kenji, Dragonfly Jones' student/rival in the TV show Martin
- Kenji in the video game Red Earth (Warzard)
- Kenji in Sports Champions
- Kenji Endō (健児), the protagonist in the manga series 20th Century Boys
- Kenji Harima (拳児), the main character from the manga and anime series School Rumble
- Kenji Himura (剣路) in the manga series Rurouni Kenshin
- Kenji Muto in the fantasy novel series Tales of the Otori
- Kenji Tomochika in the game Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 responsible for the "Magician" social link
- Kenji Tsukino (謙之), a minor character in Sailor Moon media
- Kenji Lee, Inspector Lee's brother in Rush Hour 3
- Kenji Setou, a legally blind character in Katawa Shoujo
- Kenji Makabe, A soccer player who plays for Tokai Junior high in Kattobi Itto
- Kenji Mitani, A soccer player who plays for Ofuna Ura Junior high in Kattobi Itto
- Karate Kenji, the main character from the manga and anime series Fight Fever
- Kenji (disambiguation)
- Kenji Mizoguchi: The Life of a Film Director, a 1975 Japanese documentary film
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|