|Full name||Kevin Mitchell Harmse|
|Date of birth||July 4, 1984|
|Place of birth||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|1995–2000||Roman Tulis School|
|2007||Los Angeles Galaxy||17||(1)|
|2011||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||3||(0)|
|2012–2013||San Antonio Scorpions||39||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 4, 2013|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of December 13, 2009
Kevin Mitchell Harmse (born July 4, 1984) is a South African-born Canadian soccer player.
Harmse was drafted by the Vancouver Whitecaps in 2002 but did not sign with the club; instead, after training with both Bayern Munich and Benfica he signed with Tromsø IL in the Norwegian Premier League. He did not see much playing time, and returned to the Whitecaps in 2004, where he gradually worked himself to become a cornerstone of the defense, playing in 36 games and scoring once.
Major League Soccer
Harmse returned to North American and signed with Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer in April 2007. He made his MLS debut on April 12, 2007, coming on at halftime against FC Dallas. He scored his first goal for the club on April 28, 2007, against Chivas USA.
Harmse was traded to Toronto FC in March 2008 for a fourth round draft pick. Harmse was used by the club as a central defender for much of the 2008 and part of the 2009 seasons. He scored his first goal for Toronto FC in the 2009 Nutrilite Canadian Championship opening game against his former team, the Vancouver Whitecaps, on May 6, 2009 at BMO Field.
Harmse was traded to Chivas USA for allocation money on June 24, 2009, but did not feature in any games in his debut season with the team.
Due to Harmse not being able to train with the club in pre-season due to a recurring injury, Houston opted to waive him on March 9, 2010.
Harmse played an important part of Canadian U-20 team that made it to the quarterfinals in the 2003 FIFA World Youth Championship. He also played for the U-23 team that failed to qualify for the 2004 Olympics.
He made his debut with the senior Canadian national team on March 25, 2007, against Bermuda. By December 2009, he earned a total of 9 caps, scoring no goals. He has so far represented Canada in 3 FIFA World Cup qualification matches.
- "Dynamo acquire rights to midfielder Harmse". Foxsportshouston.com. 2010-01-21. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Houston Waives Kevin Harmse". Worldsoccerreader.com. 2010-03-09. Archived from the original on 2010-05-11. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Kevin Harmse returns to Vancouver Whitecaps FC | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Whitecaps FC waive midfielder Kevin Harmse". Whitecapsfc.com. 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Record at FIFA Tournaments - FIFA