Kevin Jones (basketball)
|No. 5 – Lokomotiv Kuban|
|League||VTB United League
August 25, 1989 |
Mount Vernon, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school||Mount Vernon
(Mount Vernon, New York)
|College||West Virginia (2008–2012)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|2012–2013||→ Canton Charge|
|2014||San Miguel Beermen|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school career
Jones attended Mount Vernon High School in Mount Vernon, New York. As a junior, he averaged 21 points, 12 rebounds, two blocks per game. As a senior, he averaged 23 points, 14 rebounds, and two blocks per game. In 2006 and 2007, he led Mount Vernon to the New York State PHSAA championships.
In his freshman season at West Virginia, Jones posted eight games in double figures, including a stretch of six games in a row during Big East play. In 35 games, he averaged 6.3 points and 4.9 rebounds in 19.3 minutes per game.
In his sophomore season, he set a school record with 135 offensive rebounds in a season and was second on the team in three-point field goals made with 42. He was also named to the Big East All-Tournament team and the 76 Classic All-Tournament team. In 38 games (all starts), he averaged 13.5 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 33.0 minutes per game.
In his senior season, he was named to the All-Big East first team and the NABC Division I All-District 5 first team. In 33 games (all starts), he averaged 19.9 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 blocks in 38.3 minutes per game.
Jones went undrafted in the 2012 NBA draft. On September 10, 2012, Jones signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. However, he was later waived by Cavaliers on October 27, 2012. On November 1, 2012, he was acquired by the Canton Charge as an affiliate player.
On November 29, 2012, after playing three games for the Charge averaging 27.0 points and 13.7 rebounds per game, Jones re-signed with the Cavaliers. On the same day, he was assigned back to the Charge. On December 4, 2012, he was recalled by the Cavaliers, but was sent back to the Charge for other assignments throughout the season. On 7 December 2012, he has first debuted for the Cavaliers in the NBA against Minnesota Timberwolves and for eight and a half minutes gave 2 points and had 4 rebounds. On 5 January 2013, Jones has played the best match so far in the NBA against Houston Rockets has scored 6 points and had 3 rebounds. After that match, coach of Cavaliers Byron Scott gave more chances to Jones. On 14 April 2013, Jones has played his best match in his debut NBA season scoring the double-double, he scored 11 points and had 10 rebounds against Philadelphia 76ers.
In July 2014, Jones joined the Indiana Pacers for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On September 26, 2014, he signed with the New Orleans Pelicans. However, he was later waived by the Pelicans on October 24, 2014.
On October 20, 2015, Jones signed a one-year contract with the Serbian team Partizan. On November 3, he debuted for the team in 92–77 defeat from Crvena zvezda in Round 8 of the ABA League; he had 12 points. On November 7, Jones was most responsible for the Partizan win over 86-77 Budućnost Voli, he had 18 points and 9 rebounds. Kevin Jones has in Partizan play as the center if necessary. On November 29, he was the most efficient player in match against Cedevita ; he had 21 points and 6 rebounds. On December 5, Jones has reached his first double double of the season against the Union Olimpija; had 10 points and 11 rebounds for 23 minutes on the court. On December 19, in a match against Mega Leks, he scored 21 points, had 15 rebounds and added 2 assists, his best game since coming in the new team. On January 25, he scored 17 points and he had 4 rebounds in the big win 86-81 in the Eternal derby against Crvena zvezda.
On August 1, 2016, Jones signed with PBC Lokomotiv Kuban of Russia. He signed a one-plus-one year contract. On March 2, 2017, Jones's D-League rights would be traded to the Northern Arizona Suns in a three-way deal.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
Jones is the son of Patricia Jones and Fred DeJarnett.
- "5 Kevin Jones". wvusports.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- "Kevin Jones Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Cavs sign Kevin Jones
- Cavaliers Waive Eric, Jones and Brown
- "Canton's Kevin Jones Signs with Cleveland Cavaliers For Third Call-Up of 2012-13 NBA D-League Season". NBA.com. November 29, 2012. Retrieved October 15, 2013.
- Cavaliers Recall Kevin Jones
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- Timberwolves 91, Cavaliers 73
- Rockets 112, Cavaliers 104
- 76ers 91, Cavaliers 77
- Cavaliers Announce 2013 Summer League Roster
- Cavaliers Waive Jones, Quinn
- Canton Charge 2013-14 Training Camp Roster
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience
- Charge's Kevin Jones Heads to Philippines
- Canton Charge acquire William Buford, grant Kevin Jones release
- "Rookie/Free Agent Camp Update". NBA.com. July 3, 2014. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- Pelicans Add Three Players to Training Camp Roster
- Pelicans Request Waivers on Jones and Stephens
- "Cholet lands Kevin Jones". Sportando.com. February 18, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Bucks Announce 2015 Summer League Roster". NBA.com. July 1, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Džons potpisao za Partizan". b92.net (in Serbian). October 20, 2015. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- "Dobar početak ipak nije bio dovoljan za trijumf". KK Partizan official site (in Serbian). 3 November 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Partizan naplatio poraze: Džons srušio lidera!". mondo.rs (in Serbian). 7 November 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Anđušić tragičar, Partizan ispustio Cedevitu". b92.net (in Serbian). 29 November 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Partizan NIS Beograd - Union Olimpija Ljubljana". abaliga.com (in Serbian). 5 December 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Partizan NIS - Mega Leks
- "Nikad ne otpisuj crno-bele! Džiletov Partizan omađijao i Zvezdu (VIDEO)". mozzartsport.com (in Serbian). 25 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Lokomotiv lands forward Jones". Eurocupbasketball.com. August 1, 2016. Retrieved August 1, 2016.