|Elevation||188 m (617 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011 India census, Khair had a population of 48,251. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Khair has an average literacy rate of 54%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 62%, and female literacy is 44%. In Khair, 17% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Entertainment has also got its own space among people's lives and Khair provides its inhabitants the place where they can indulge for three hours, in form of two cinemas as listed below -
- Payal Theater
- Maya Cinema (Purana cinema Hall)
But now there is only 1 is left Payal Theater. The other is closed due to bankruptcy. Peoples from rural areas from periphery of 20 km around come to entertain here, It is a very cheap City for shopping.
Colonies and roads
Khair's main colony is New Basti, Bhadur Ganj,Malipura, Teachers Colony, Omnagar. Other colonies & roads are Block Colony, Maharaja Enclave, Sharafan, Musalmanan, Gautman, Upadhyan, Kumharan, Shikarwar Mohalla, Hetram Nagar, Garg Vihar, Sai Dham, Gopal Nagar, Kisan Nagar, Mohalla Harnarayan, Nai tehsil, Purani tehsil, Gandhi Chowk, Subhash Chowk, Kumharan Chowk, Vishanpuri Chauraha, Chhota Chauraha, Tentigaon Tiraha, Teliphone Exchange, Somna Road, Palwal Road, Tentigaon Road, Vishanpuri Road, Nayal Road, Fatte Nagla Road, Iglas Road, Aligarh Road . Khair is well connected to Delhi, Aligarh, Hathras, Mathura, Palwal, Noida and Ghaziabad.
Diwali and Dussehara is the most popular festival celebrated by citizens. Many people participate and others come to enjoy this festival.
There are many educational institutes in the city and some of them are one of the oldest study centers in western Uttar Pradesh.
The main colleges of Khair is:
- DPS, Palwal Road, Khair
- Gurukul Public School, Somna Road (CBSE) 
- Hem Vidya Niketan Sr. Sec. School, Palwal Road (CBSE) 
- DPS, Somna Road, Near Pathwari Mandir (CBSE)
- NCC School (CBSE)
- Rajkeeya Degree College, Somna Road 
- Khair Kanya Mahavidyalaya Bhopa Nagla Road 
- S.K.D.M Institute of Technology, Aligarh Road
- S.K.D.M Degree & Polytechnic College
- Khushiram Degree College
- Khushiram Institute of Technology & Management
- MSKS Kushwaha Degree College, Bhopa Nagla Road
- MCS Degree College, Wajidpur
- Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya, Sujanpur
- Khair Inter College, Palwal Road
- RV Inter College, Palwal Road
- Rashtriya Kanya Inter College, Palwal Road
- Shri Ram Inter College
- Shri Ram Kanya Inter college
- Janta Inter College, Somna Road
- Adarsh Vidyalaya Inter College, Tentigaon bypass Road
- Bhagvati Devi Inter College, Manpur
- S.K.D.M IT & Skill Development (Computer) Center, Azad Market
Rastriya Vidyalaya Inter College (RVIC) is my experience from 9th Standard to 12th Standard (1992 to 1996) under leadership of Mahesh Chand Sharma. It is outstanding disciplined place to inculcate attitude, learning and education.
[Most Outstanding College for Higher and technical education is one and only ITM Karsua. (Suggested By Arun Chauhan). 9837443551]
- SBI Bank (Roadways Bus stand and one more at Block Colony)
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Barauda
- Canara Bank
- HDFC Bank (Chandaus Adda, Teliphone Exchange)
- Bank of India (Agrasen Market, Opp. Peepal Mandi)
- Orientel Bank of Commerce
- ICICI Bank (Aligarh Road, Opp. Jeevan Lodge)
- Central Bank of India
- Gramin Bank of Aryavart (Nai Basti)
mostly Rohtagi from the Maharaj Harish Chandra Vansh community found in large number in Khair & Chaudhary, Nauhwar, Tomar, Dimanian, Gawar From Jaat community are also found in large numbers in Khair. Also Kori Dalit, Sisodiya Thakur Chauhan Rajput & Gautam, Vashishtha, Parashar, Upadhyay of Brahmin And Jindal, Goyal, Varshney, Singhal, Bansal, Mittal, Agrawal subcaste of Vaishya community, Verma sunaar, Brahmins are in majority in Khair town consisting more than 20% of the population.
- ^ "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India by Nagar Palika Parishad Khair. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "GPS". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "HVN". Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "PG College". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- "KKM". Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- R. S. Whiteway (1879). Report on the settlement of the Muttra district, North-Western Provinces. North-Western Provinces and Oudh Govt. Press. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- Report on the settlement of the Muttra district, North-Western Provinces-page-136