|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Commenced operations||August 1999|
|Hubs||Houari Boumedienne Airport|
|Focus cities||Oran Es Senia Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Khalifa Miles|
|Subsidiaries||Antinea Airlines (100%)|
|Parent company||Groupe Khalifa (100%)|
|Key people||Abdelmoumene Rafik Khalifa|
The airline was founded in June 1999 Authorisation to launch services was given by the government in August 1999 ; operations started that month. A Boeing 737-400 was leased from Pegasus Airlines late that year..
Khalifa Airways is also known for having been the sponsor of Olympique de Marseille from 2001 to 2003.
On March 22, 2007, the International Herald Tribune reported that the company's founder had been convicted in absentia and sentenced to life in prison for his involvement in the 2003 failure of Khalifa Bank and associated companies, including Khalifa Airways.
Khalifa Airways served the following destinations throughout its history:
Khalifa Airways operated the following equipment throughout its history:
- "World airline directory – Khalifa Airways". Flight International: 91. 27 March – 2 April 2001. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015.
- "Marketplace". Flightglobal. Flight International. 11 August 1999. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015.
Algerian start-up Khalifa Airways has received government approval to launch services. The airline plans to acquire two A310s for services between Algiers and Marseilles.
- "Marketplace". Flightglobal. 15 September 1999. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015.
Algeria-based Khalifa has leased a 737-400 from Turkish charter carrier Pegasus Airlines.
- "Airbus rolls out A340-600 as orders grow". Flightglobal. Flight International. 27 March 2001. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015.
- "Khalifa is wound up in French court". Flightglobal. Flight International. 22 July 2003. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080515095610/http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/03/22/africa/AF-GEN-Algeria-Bank-Trial.php. Archived from the original on May 15, 2008. Retrieved April 11, 2007. Missing or empty
- "Marketplace". Flightglobal. Flight International. 24 October 2000. Archived from the original on 7 February 2015.
Khalifa Airways has taken delivery of the first of three new ATR 72-500s it has on order. The Algerian carrier has already received three of four second-hand ATR 42-320s it is acquiring.
- Dunn, Graham (25 March 2003). "Troubled Khalifa returns aircraft". London: Flightglobal. Flight International. Archived from the original on 18 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khalifa Airways.|