Greene with the Chicago Bears in 2014
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||February 4, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Elizabeth, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||241 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Elizabeth (NJ)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 117|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014|
Khaseem Greene (born February 4, 1989) is an American football linebacker who currently is on the Detroit Lions practice squad. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Rutgers.
Greene was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He attended Elizabeth High School, where he played high school football for the Elizabeth Minutemen. He also had a post grad year at Avon Old Farms school in Avon Connecticut where he was a standout in basketball, football and track. During his time at Avon Old Farms he was part of the school's first ever New England track championship along with current New York Giants running back Michael Cox.
While attending Rutgers University, Greene played for the Rutgers Scarlet Knights football team from 2008 to 2012. As a junior in 2011, he switched from safety to weakside linebacker. He led the Big East Conference with 141 tackles, 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. As a senior in 2012, Greene recorded 136 tackles and six sacks with two interceptions, six forced fumbles and two touchdowns via fumble recoveries, and was named the Big East Defensive Player of the Year and a first-team All-American by ESPN. Greene's 15 career forced fumbles is an NCAA record.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||241 lb||32 5/8 in||9 5/8 in||4.71 s||11.87 s||7.58 s||30.0 in||9 ft 8 in||17 reps|
|All values from NFL Scouting Combine|
Greene was drafted in the fourth round (117th pick overall) by the Chicago Bears, the second linebacker taken by the team. Greene signed a four-year contract with the Bears on May 2, 2013. Greene signed a four-year, $2.592 million contract. The deal included a $432,092 signing bonus. Greene will earn in 2013: $405,000, 2014: $495,000, 2015: $585,000, 2016: $675,000.
Greene made his NFL debut in week nine against the Green Bay Packers in place of the injured Lance Briggs, recording four tackles. Greene concluded 2013 with 38.5 tackles, an interception and a forced fumble. In March 2014, Greene tweeted that he will change his number from #59 to #52, in honor of Rutgers teammate Eric LeGrand. On May 11, 2015, he was waived by the Bears.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On November 18, 2015, Greene was signed to the Lions' practice squad. On January 4, 2016, Greene signed a futures contract with the Detroit Lions. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the Lions.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-04-27). "Being drafted by Bears enables Greene to achieve dream". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- Rutgers' Khaseem Greene named Big East Defensive Player of the Year
- Khaseem Greene Named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year
- Khaseem Greene Named AT&T ESPN All-American
- Associated Press (2013-04-27). "Bears select linebacker Greene, offensive tackle Mills on draft's last day". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Khaseem Greene Draft Profile". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-04-27.
- "Bears sign rookies LB Greene, WR Wilson". Yahoo! Sports. 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- Potash, Mark (2013-11-05). "Khaseem Greene delivers while replacing Lance Briggs". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Mayer, Larry (2014-01-29). "Linebacker position hurt by injuries". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Duggan, Dan (2014-03-17). "Bears LB Khaseem Greene to switch to No. 52 in honor of former Rutgers teammate Eric LeGrand". New Jersey On-Line. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- Wiederer, Dan (May 11, 2015). "Bears waive linebacker Khaseem Greene". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Sheade, Blair (September 4, 2015). "Former Bears linebacker Khaseem Greene cut by Tampa Bay". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- "Transactions". Detroit Lions. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Lions sign 5 practice squad players to contracts". Detroit News. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "Lions establish 53-man roster". DetroitLions.com.
- Stanmyre, Matthew (October 6, 2012). "For Khaseem Greene's dad, a real treat, as he finally gets to attend son's game". NJ.com. Retrieved 15 December 2015.