Location within Saline County and Kansas
KDOT map of Saline County (legend)
|• Type||Unincorporated area|
|Elevation||1,207 ft (368 m)|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)|
Kipp is an unincorporated community and census-designated place on the border between Eureka and Solomon townships in Saline County, Kansas, United States. It lies along Schilling Road southeast of the city of Salina, the county seat of Saline County. The West Branch of Gypsum Creek flows through the community. Its elevation is 1207 feet (368 m), and it is located at (38.7838911, -97.4544748). As a part of Saline County, Kipp is a part of the Salina micropolitan area.
A post office was opened in Kipp in 1890, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1957.
Primary and secondary education
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, 48. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kipp, Kansas
- Update of Statistical Area Definitions and Guidance on Their Uses, Office of Management and Budget, 2007-11-20. Accessed 2008-08-14.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- USD 306
- Kansas School District Boundary Map
- Saline County School District Map
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kipp, Kansas.|
|This article about a location in Saline County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|