|Village development committee|
View of Koteshwor
Area of Koteshwor, Kathmandu
|Time zone||Nepal Time (UTC+5:45)|
In 1991, Kathmandu Metropolitan City was expanded by incorporating Koteshwar VDC as Ward No. 35. It encompasses 395 hectares and is bounded by the Manohara river in the east, the Bagmati river in the west, Ward No. 9 and Gothatar VDC in the north, and Lalitpur Sub-metropolitan City in the south. With respect to basic services, almost all homes in the ward have access to electricity, but the same cannot be said about drinking water and telephones. At the time of the 1991 Nepal census it had a population of 5787 and had 1154 households in it. The ward contains 8,716 households. The population in 2001 was 35,184.
The name of Koteshwor was derived from the name of shiva temple, Koteshwor Mahadev. At the time of Malla[disambiguation needed] period the Koteshwor was a tri-border area along the junction of three Malla Kingdoms were Kantipur, Patan[disambiguation needed] and Bhaktapur. Initially the settlement of people started from Koteshwor Mahadevsthan area.
Education and institutions
Colleges and Schools
- Koteshwor Multiple Campus - The oldest campus of the city, which is located in Koteshwor Mahadev. This campus has played a vital role on the higher education history of Nepal. Established in 2047, Koteshwor Multiple Campus stands synonymous to the academic institution itself-largely because it was the first step in the mammoth growth of the institution and also because the corporate identity of the stakeholders is reflected in the name of public campus.
- V.S. Niketan Higher Secondary School - V.S. Niketan is located in Minbhawan and Tinkune, Kathmandu, Nepal and schools over 4,000 students. V.S. Education Foundation is the outcome of the institutional expansion of an education system aiming to coordinate all the educational activities of the institution so that the entity established at V.S. Niketan is uniformly maintained in all levels of teaching and learning under the same roof. The institution function form Pre-Primary to Bachelor's Levels of education. It has been awarded the "Best School of Nepal" for two times, recently.
- CCRC - The Capital College and Research Centre (CCRC) is a Nepali higher secondary school located in Koteshwor, Kathmandu.
- Everest College of Nursing - Everest College of Nursing (ECON) was established in 2010 with the vision of producing Health Professionals that could meet the demands of modern-day medicinal practice. The professionals tday need to be aware of rapid advance in medical technologies.
- Kathmandu Barsha Higher Secondary School and College - Also known as KATHMANDU BARSHA located in Tinkunne, Koteshwor, Kathmandu.
- Triton International College - located in Subidha Nagar, Tinkunne.
- Nagarik College of Health Sciences - located at Koteshwor.
- Grammar Public Higher Secondary School - Grammar Public Higher Secondary School is located at Setiopi Marga, Koteshwor, Kathmandu-35, Just ten minute walk from Koteshwor Chowk. Grammar Public Higher Secondary School was established in 19993 (2050) by a team of well experienced, professional and dedicated teachers.
- Kanjirowa National School - Kanjirowa National Higher Secondary School (formerly Kathmandu Don Bosco High School) is an independent co-educational institution providing education in a friendly and caring environment. It was established in 1998 A.D by a team of educators and academicians, and has succeeded in maintaining high degree of professionalism and educational standard. It is located at Koteshwor(Near Balkumari Bridge), Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Himalaya English Boarding Higher Secondary School - located at Koteshwor.
- Laligurans Batika Secondary School - LGBS is an co-educational institution. It was established in 1979 A.D. It is located at Bidhyanagar, Narephant, Koteshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal. Laligurans Batika Secondary School provides classes from 1 to 10.
- SOS Balgram, Koteshwor - SOS koteshwor is next to Mahadevsthan and is located in Bāgmatī Zone, Central Region, Nepal.
- Kantipur Hospital Pvt. Ltd. - The Kantipur Hospital Private Limited was established in 2054 BS. Since the begging of its establishment this hospital has been trying to provide quality healthcare service targeting middle and lower-class people as patients. With the hope of extending more quality healthcare now it has been running with 100 beds in its own building located at Tinkune, Koteshwor, Kathmandu.
Koteshwor, Kathmandu is developing as a hub center for the shopping Malls. The major shopping Mall in this area is the most famous chain supermarket is Bhat-bhateni Malls. This supermarket is one of the most popular shopping destinations for people who intend to buy groceries, clothing, kitchenware, gifts and other items. There are also many small scale shopping Malls in area of Koteshwor like "Hongkong Sasto Bazaar", "Koteshwor Shopping Center".
Most of the major banks and financial institutions have their Branches in the area of Koteshwor, Kathmandu.
- Kumari Bank
- Prabhu Bank
- Prime Bank[disambiguation needed]
- Global IME Bank
- Citizens Bank
- Siddhartha Bank
- Century Bank