|Date of birth:||December 22, 1958|
|Place of birth:||Aurora, Illinois|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||271 lb (123 kg)|
|High school:||Aurora (IL) East|
|NFL Draft:||1982 / Round: 6 / Pick: 146|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Kurt Frank Becker (born December 22, 1958) is a former American football player. He played college football as an offensive guard at the University of Michigan from 1978 to 1981, was selected as a first-team All-American in 1981, and played professional football in the National Football League (NFL) for the Chicago Bears (1982-1988, 1990) and the Los Angeles Rams (1989).
University of Michigan
Becker enrolled at the University of Michigan in 1977 and played college football as an offensive guard for Bo Schembechler's Michigan Wolverines football teams from 1978 to 1981. He started 36 consecutive games between 1979 and 1981. He was selected as a first-team player on both the 1980 and 1981 All-Big Ten Conference football teams. As a senior, he was also Michigan's co-captain and a Lombardi Award finalist, and was selected by the Associated Press, Newspaper Enterprise Association, and American Football Coaches Association as a first-team player on the 1981 College Football All-America Team.
Becker was selected by the Chicago Bears in the sixth round (146th overall pick) of the 1982 NFL Draft. He played at the guard position for the Chicago Bears from 1982 to 1988. He was the Bears' starting right guard in 1983 and 1984, appearing in 32 games, 30 as a starter, during those two seasons. He played for the Los Angeles Rams for two games during the 1989 NFL season before returning to the Bears for 10 games as a backup in 1990.
- "Kurt Becker". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Michigan Football Roster Database". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "1979 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "1980 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "1981 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Herrmann Finally On All-Big Ten Unit". Kentucky New Era (AP story). December 2, 1980. p. 16.
- Joe Mooshil (December 1, 1981). "Eason Edges Schlichter on All-Big Ten". The Argus-Press, Owosso, Michigan (AP story). p. 14.
- Randy Minkoff (November 25, 1981). "Name All Big Ten". The Bryan Times (UPI story). p. 19.
- "University of Michigan Athletics History: Kurt Becker". Bentley Historical Library. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- Olderman, Murray (1981-11-26). "Tide's Boyd All-America". Gadsden Times. Newspaper Enterprise Association. Retrieved 2010-06-08.
- "Ex-Bear Kurt Becker now coach at East Aurora". Chicago Tribune. October 19, 2013.