Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?|
A promotional logo image of Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?
|Also known as||Paanchvi Pass, Paanchvi Ki Class.|
|Created by||Mark Burnett|
|Presented by||Bulldog Media & Entertainment|
|Starring||Shahrukh Khan (host)|
|Opening theme||"Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?" by Shankar Ehsaan Loy|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||37|
|Producer(s)||Siddhartha Basu, Akash Sharma, Ramit Bharti Mittal|
|Running time||Approx. 60 minutes (with commercials)|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Original release||25 April – 27 July 2008|
Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? (Hindi: क्या आप पाँचवीं पास से तेज़ हैं?) was a game show hosted by leading Bollywood actor, Shahrukh Khan. It was the Indian version of the popular American game show, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and was telecast on Indian Television channel STAR Plus. The show premiered on 25 April 2008 and the last episode was telecast on 27 July 2008 with Lalu Prasad Yadav as the special guest.
The Indian series was licensed by Bulldog Media & Entertainment and produced by BIG Synergy.
The show used "cheats" based on the American show.
- Taak Jhank (peek): the contestant had the opportunity to review his or her current teammate's answer before submitting his or her own
- Copy: the contestant could choose to use his or her teammate's answer.
- Bachao (save): This cheat was triggered automatically if the contestant gave a wrong answer. If the contestant's current partner had the correct answer, the contestant was then saved.
The teammates were five school aged children chosen by the producers of the show. Each child could be used for assistance on two questions, excluding the bonus question.
The five possible teammates
- Shriya Sharma
- Dheirya Sorecha from Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Anubhav Motilal from Delhi
- Shreeparna Ghoshal from Delhi
- Milanjeet Singh Bhatti from Chandigarh
- Taruni Sachdev (replaced Shriya for one episode)
Question number 5 was the deadline question; if the contestant gave the wrong answer, he or she lost all the money won on the show, or with the correct answer won that amount as a guarantee from that point forward.
This show also posed homework questions, offering ₹ 100,000 to a viewer selected by draw who correctly answered a question asked at the end of the show.
|Rs. 10,000||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 100,000||Rs. 200,000||Rs. 500,000||Rs. 1,000,000||Rs. 2,000,000||Rs. 5,000,000||Rs. 10,000,000||Rs. 50,000,000|