La fuerza del destino (TV series)
|La fuerza del destino|
|Created by||María Zarattini|
|Creative director(s)||Florencio Zavala|
|Opening theme||"La fuerza del destino" performed by Sandra Echeverría and Marc Anthony|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||101|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosy Ocampo|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||March 14– July 31, 2011|
|Preceded by||Cuando me enamoro|
|Followed by||La que no podía amar|
David Zepeda, Sandra Echeverría and Gabriel Soto star as the main protagonists, while Laisha Wilkins, Rosa María Bianchi, Ferdinando Valencia and Juan Ferrara star as the main antagonists. With stellar performance of Delia Casanova, Leticia Calderón and Pedro Armendáriz Jr., who died a few months after finishing his work in this story.
Univision broadcast La Fuerza del Destino on August 2, 2011. The final episode aired on December 26, 2011, and was watched by 6.2 million viewers, becoming the most watched program, regardless of language.
14 years old Iván (Adriano Zendejas) returns with his mother, Alicia (Leticia Calderón), to Álamos, Sonora, his birthplace. His father, Juan Jaime Mondragon (Juan Ferrara), a wealthy and powerful businessman and landowner, does not recognize him as his son and rejects him. Alicia keeps her son's origin a secret and is forced to accept the job as a servant for the Lomelí Curiel family, where Doña Carlota (Delia Casanova), her daughter Lucrecia (Rosa María Bianchi), her son-in-law Gerardo (Alejandro Tommasi), and their two daughters, the teen Maripaz (Ilse Zamarripa) and the child Lucía (Marilyz León) live.
Years go by and Iván (David Zepeda) and Maripaz (Laisha Wilkins) are now adolescents. Iván Feels attraction to Maripaz and she, for being frivolous and shallow, seduces him and ends up pregnant. Her family is faced with keeping the pregnancy a secret to keep their family's good name. Iván visits his godmother ,Arcelia, and there finds his mother dying after trying to end her own pregnancy, much to his surprise. He believes Juan Jaime is the father of the baby.
When Iván walks outside to get some air, he is attacked by Lucrecia's thugs for getting Maripaz pregnant. During the brawl, Iván's friends, Camilo and his brother Antolín, arrive and rush to help him. Antolín stabs one of the men, killing him. However, Iván is mistakenly accused of the murder and flees the country out of fear of being unjustly convicted for murder and sent to prison. He crossing the border illegally, still recovering from the beating and fighting the natural elements of the desert between Mexico and the United States. He goes to Los Angeles, California and ends up staying there for eleven years, eventually becoming a successful engineer. There, he meets Anthony McGuire (Pedro Armendáriz Jr.), an elder businessman who has lost his wife and only son. Anthony initially pays for Iván's education and then arranges to adopt him. Anthony encourages Iván to return to Mexico with him, not only for business but also to face his past.
Iván gets several pieces of surprising news when he returns to Sonora, among them is that the child he conceived with Maripaz mysteriously disappeared the same day he was born, and no one has known about him since then. He meets Lucía (Sandra Echeverría), now a young child psychologist, who confesses to Iván that she has secretly loved him since she was a child. Lucía promises to help him find his son, regain his dignity, and overcome all the obstacles with courage. Iván discovers that Alex, the adopted son of Gerardo, is his son. Maripaz also discovered the fact and told Iván that if he didn't marry her, she would take Alex away from him. Thinking about his son, Iván agreed to marry Maripaz and end his relationship with Lucía, whom he is in love with. Iván marries Maripaz and moves to United States with her, Alex, and his father.
After Lucía had made love with Iván before his marriage with Maripaz and his departure, she goes to a club with her friend to try to forget all her problems. Her drink contained a date rape drug, which not only made her drowsy, but a mysterious guy rapes her. Weeks later, Lucía discovers that she's pregnant, and believes that Iván is the real father. Carlota suggests that Lucía should marry Camilo, who deeply loves her, as she don't want her granddaughter to be a single mother. Lucía gives birth to baby girl named Perlita, and marries Camilo. Lucía is unable to forget about her relationship with Iván, which makes Camilo feel angry and jealous. After Maripaz Adultery on Iván, he divorces her and gains parental rights for Alex. Anthony later tells Iván that Lucía married Camilo and has a baby, which makes him feel angry and betrayed. He returns to Álamos to seek for reasons as to why it happened.
Iván's return causing jealousy in Camilo, causing Lucía to start thinking twice about staying married to Camilo. Meanwhile, Maripaz returns and now turns her attention to seducing Camilo, starts an affair with him. Lucía continues with the divorce proceedings, and during the court process, Perlita's custody meets challenges after DNA results prove she is not the daughter of Iván. Lucía begins to recall actions on the night of Perla's conception, revealing that she was actually raped. After undergoing hypnosis therapy, Lucía finally gets to recall the face of her attacker as Saúl (Ferdinando Valencia), Juan Jaime's son.
Lucía and Iván decide against filing a case against Saúl so as not to taint the future of Perlita. Lucrecia is found to have a kidney failure and she will need continuous treatment and eventually a transplant to save her life. Camilo breaks off his relationship with Maripaz in light of Maripaz becoming needy and meddling. Later, it is found out that Maripaz is the only one compatible to her mother. Maripaz agrees to donate a kidney and during the operation she dies, saving her mother's life and is recognized by Alex as a hero.
After an audit is done on the Agricultural Association's accounts, Juan Jaime is forced by the association to pay back money he stole in exchange of non-involvement of the authorities; However, his wife, Esther (Lucero Lander), is also filing for a divorce with a request of half the share of the Mondragón wealth. These activities causes Juan Jaime to get deeper into his tequila bottle, and eventually he is left alone with no one at his side. Saúl, who is on the run, is arranging with his partner, "El Gordo", on kidnapping Iván's son for money. When arranging to receive ransom from Iván in a desolate area, "El Gordo" shoots Iván, who is then gets shot by Camilo. "El Gordo" and Saúl's other accomplice, shoots Camilo in the process and leaves all three of them there and runs with the bag of money. After a long battle with infection, both Camilo and Iván recover and they are finally reunited with their families.
In the end, Saúl imprisoned and commit suicide in his prison cell, and Iván and Lucía finally get married while Camilo meets a woman at their wedding.
- David Zepeda as Iván Villagómez / Iván McGuire
- Sandra Echeverría as Lucía Lomelí Curiel
- Gabriel Soto as Camilo Galván
- Laisha Wilkins as María de la Paz "Maripaz" Lomelí Curiel
- Juan Ferrara as Juan Jaime Mondragón
- Alejandro Tommasi as Gerardo Lomelí
- Pedro Armendáriz Jr. as Anthony McGuire
- Delia Casanova as Carlota Barcelata Vda. de Curiel
- Rosa María Bianchi as Lucrecia Curiel Barcelata de Lomelí
- Leticia Perdigón as Arcelia Ledesma Vda. de Galván
- Kika Edgar as Carolina Muñoz
- Marcelo Córdoba as Antolín Galván
- Ferdinando Valencia as Saúl Mondragón Domínguez
- Lucero Lander as Esther Domínguez de Mondragón
- Yuliana Peniche as Carmen Galván
- Jauma Mateu as David Mondragón Domínguez
- Roxana Rojo de la Vega as Judith Mondragón Domínguez
- Rosángela Balbó as Olga de los Santos
- Alfonso Iturralde as Silvestre Galván
- Leticia Calderón as Alicia Villagómez
- Ignacio Guadalupe as Benito Jiménez
- Willebaldo López as Cleto
- María Prado as Gloria
- Joana Brito as Eduviges
- Fernando Robles as Leandro
- José Montini as Miguel Hernández "El Gordo"
- Diego Velázquez as Alejandro "Álex" Lomelí Muñoz / Alejandro "Álex" McGuire Lomelí
- Evelyn Zavala as Alicia "Licha" Mondragón Galván
- Renée Varsi as Juliette Abascal de Rodríguez
- Ramón Valdez as Ezequiel
- Carla Cardona as Berenice Escalante
- Luis Bayardo as Juez Porfirio
- Jesús Moré as Ing. Carlos Orozco
- Rubén Cerda as Dr. Fuentes
- Moisés Manzano as El Compadre
- Roberto Sen as Lic. Castaño
- José María Negri as Lic. Torres
- Beatriz Moreno as Stella
- Alejandro Peraza as Dr. Cuéllar
- Agustín Arana as Robert "Bob" Rodríguez
- Adriano Zendejas as Iván Villagómez (young)
- Renata Notni as Lucía Lomelí Curiel (teenager)
- Marilyz León as Lucía Lomelí Curiel (young)
- Ilse Zamarripa as María de la Paz "Maripaz" Lomelí Curiel (young)
- Michael Ronda as Camilo Galván (young)
- Erick Díaz as Antolín Galván (young)
- Alejandro de Hoyos Parera as Saúl Mondragón Domínguez (young)
- Fernanda Urdapilleta as Judith Mondragón Domínguez (young)
Awards and nominations
|2011||Premios People en Español||Best Telenovela||Rosy Ocampo||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actress||Sandra Echeverría||Nominated|
|Best Lead Actor||David Zepeda||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|Best Couple||David Zepeda and Sandra Echeverría||Nominated|
|2012||Premios ACE||Best Soap Opera||Rosy Ocampo||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|30th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela||Rosy Ocampo||Won|
|Best Actress||Sandra Echeverría||Won|
|Best Actor||David Zepeda||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actress||Laisha Wilkins||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actor||Juan Ferrara||Won|
|Best Leading Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||"La Fuerza del Destino" by Sandra Echeverría and Marc Anthony||Nominated|
|Best Original Story or Adaptation||Maria Zarattini and Claudia Velazco||Won|
|Premios Juventud||What a Hottie!||David Zepeda||Won|
|Girl that takes the sleep away||Sandra Echeverría||Nominated|
|Best Theme Novelero||"La Fuerza del Destino" by Sandra Echeverría and Marc Anthony||Nominated|
- "The Power of Destiny". televisainternacional.tv. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "Se cumplen cinco años del estreno de la telenovela La fuerza del destino". peopleenespanol.com. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- ""La fuerza del destino" recuerda a Pedro Armendáriz Jr". eleconomista.com. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "Ratings: Final con 'Fuerza' y Un Estreno que 'Puede'". novelalounge.com. Retrieved August 2, 2011.
- "Hoy inicia La que no podía amar". tvyespectaculos. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- "La Fuerza del Destino muy pronto en Univision". univision.com. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- "Univision Reaches 8 Million Viewers and Ranks as No. 1 Network, Regardless of Language, with Finale of "La Fuerza del Destino"". univision.com. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "Monday Night's Ratings Winner? Univision's La Fuerza del Destino". mediaite.com. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "El final de "La fuerza del destino" y Univisión desbancaron este lunes en USA a los grandes canales". vertele.com. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "Best Supporting Actress". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- "y los ganadores de los Premios ACE 2012 son…". enelbrasero.com. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "Lista de ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2012". entretenimiento.com. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Premios Juventud 2012: Los triunfadores de la noche". 7dias7noches.net. Retrieved July 20, 2012.