La mujer de Judas
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|La mujer de Judas|
|Created by||Martín Hahn|
|Written by||Martín Hahn
Ana Teresa Sosa
|Directed by||Olegario Barrera
Juan Carlos García
Astrid Carolina Herrera
|Opening theme||Me huele a soledad by MDO|
|Ending theme||Volver a Respirar by Jessica|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||126|
|Executive producer(s)||Mariana Djuro|
|Producer(s)||Marco Godoy Ramirez|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||May 16 – December 7, 2002|
|Preceded by||La niña de mis ojos|
|Followed by||Trapos íntimos|
La mujer de Judas (English:The Wife of Judas) is a Venezuelan telenovela created by Martín Hahn for RCTV. The telenovela lasted for 126 episodes and was distributed internationally by RCTV International.
A dark secret which was securely kept hidden after all these years, connects the six friends Altagracia, Juaca, Ricarda, Marina, Chichita and Laura. During the day of the wedding of Altagracia to a man she will marry for money named Julian, a man tries to rape Laura in the basement of the wine distilleries. Her friends accidentally kills him in the impulse of anger. The girls realize too late what they had done. They are shocked to see Padre Sebastian witness their crime. He asks them to report what happened to the police, but they reject the idea. Sebastian departs. Then the friends agreed to hide the corpse inside the wall, each of them leaving the basement in search for the priest, fearing, that he will tell the police. But when Altagracia found him, he was already dead inside the confession box of the church and with that she was incarcerated for that crime.
They all betrayed her, and no one in 20 years ever visited her in prison, no one helped her in her sacrifice about the crime they committed. She could not kill the priest because she loved him. But the people condemned her, especially Marcos, who gave her name - wife of Judas to boost his career as a reporter. Desiring to take vengeance upon Marcos, she played his affections and made him love her. And today, she and Marcos will leave the world together. The years, carried out in the prison, changed her. She thought over the plan of vengeance to each of them. Gloria reproaches her in the murder of innocent people. Altagracia looks at her daughter, her face softened. In an affectionate voice she attempts to explain to the girl, why she did it. She lowers the pistol, which was directed to all those people present, and was about to acknowledge that Gloria is her daughter. Juaca shouts, warning her against this. At this exact moment Marcos rushes to Altagracia, attempting to take away the pistol. Shots were heard, and one of the bullets hit Altagracia. Juaca quickly runs to her mortally injured friend. Marcos cries, he requests forgiveness and tells her not to leave him. But Altagracia dies, her last words about that of Gloria, she requests Juaca to care for the girl. Marcos holds Altagracia's hands. And only Gloria can see, that there, on the threshold of the church, is Padre Sebastian, his hands extended, as if calling on to Altagracia, whom he loves, and in her entire life, loves only him. Gloria tells the crowd that Altagracia is finally reunited with Padre Sebastian.
- Chantal Baudaux as Gloria Leal / Gloria Rojas Del Toro
- Juan Carlos García as Salomón Vaisman
- Astrid Carolina Herrera as Altagracia Del Toro
- Luis Gerardo Nuñez as Marcos Rojas Paul
- Gledys Ibarra as Marina Batista
- Julie Restifo as Joaquina Leal/La Juaca
- Javier Vidal as Ludovico Agüero del Toro
- Dora Mazzone as Elda Chichita Agüero Del Toro
- Fedra López as Ricarda Araujo
- Kiara as Laura Briceño
- Albi De Abreu as Alirio Agüero del Toro
- Roberto Moll as Buenaventura Briceño
- Karl Hoffman as Ernesto Sinclair
- Ámbar Díaz as Petunia López-Redill
- Mirela Mendoza as Emma Brand Echenagucia
- Nacho Huett as Ismael Agüero Del Toro
- Estefanía López as Cordelia Araujo Ramírez
- Concetta Lo Dolce as Sagrario Del Toro Sinclair
- Sandy Olivares as Renato Fabiani "René"
- Alejandro Otero as Francisco Cañero "Pancho"
- Kareliz Ollarves as Micaela Bellorín
- Juan Carlos Tarazona as Padre Sebastián Rojas Paúl
- Freddy Aquino as Gabriel Perdomo
- Betty Ruth as Berenice Vda. Del Toro
- Elisa Stella as Isabel
- Virginia Vera as Santia Del Carmen
- Alberto Álvarez as Juan Vicente Del Toro
- Juan Carlos Gardié as Julián Morera
- Marcos Campos as Leoncio Araujo
- Deyalit López as Lila Álvarez
- Rhandy Piñango as Calixto
- Rodolfo Renwick as Simón Rojas Paúl
- Ileana Alomá as Ivonne Del Toro
- Marielena Pereira as Dulce
- Liliana Meléndez as Rebeca
- Omaira Abinadé as Tita
- Kristin Pardo as Carmen Rosaura Guerrero Maldonado
- Susej Vera as Lorena Plaza de Cañero
- Miguel Augusto Rodríguez as Pitercito
- José Quijada as Lcdo. Constantino Sosa
- "RCTV (2002), 130 capitulos La Mujer De Judas". vencor.narod. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- ""La mujer de Judas" persigue a Astrid Carolina" (in Spanish). ElUniversal. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "¿Recuerdas A La Protagonista De 'La Mujer De Judas'? Así Luce En La Actualidad A Sus 35 Años [Fotos]". noticiasaldiayalahora (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Asi lucen los actores de La mujer de Judas 13 anos despues". entornointeligente.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "La mujer de judas". seriesnow.com. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
This television-related list is incomplete; you can help by .