|Industry||Financial technology, Peer-to-peer lending|
|Filip Karadaghi, CEO|
|Products||Buy to let mortgage|
LandlordInvest is a peer-to-peer lending platform which enables people to invest in residential buy to let mortgages and bridging loans. The platform's target audience is buy-to-let and bridging loan borrowers with a near perfect credit score, that are having difficulties with raising finance from traditional lenders due to a one off adverse credit event in the last five years. It was the first residential property-backed Innovative Finance ISA made available to UK savers.
LandlordInvest was founded in 2014. The platform was officially launched in December 2016 when it received authorisation by the FCA. In early 2017 LandlordInvest received an ISA manager approval from HMRC, ahead of similar platforms such as Funding Circle, Zopa, and Ratesetter, becoming one of a few companies to offer tax-free returns to peer-to-peer investors.
In May 2017 the platform launched a secondary market which allows investors to sell off their property loan parts. Property Wire Awards listed LandlordInvest as one of three crowdfunding platforms of the year 2017, alongside The House Crowd and Homegrown.
In July 2017 LandlordInvest received an undisclosed sum of seed funding from Alan Gabbay, director O&H Properties which currently has a £1bn property portfolio in London. Later in the same month the platform passed the £1m lending milestone and amassed 700 investors since it launched in December 2016.
By the end of July 2017 LandlordInvest completed its largest loan to date, a £740,741 bridging loan, bringing its cumulative lending to £2m. LandlordInvest published its loan book for the first time on 5 December 2017, marking its one-year anniversary.
As of June 2018, the P2P platform has lent more than £5m across 25 bridging and buy-to-let loans.
In November 2019 LandlordInvest passed the £8m lending milestone, where investors funded £8.7m of loans with £6.7m of repaid capital.
Filip Karadaghi, chief executive of LandlordInvest, was listed as one of the 50 most influential people in the UK's P2P sector.
LandlordInvest is an online marketplace which matches landlords looking for financing with investors. The platform provides secured borrowing to landlords seeking between £30,000 and £750,000. The minimum investment amount is £100 and the platform's bridging loans carry a maximum term of 18 months, while the buy-to-let loans have terms of up to five years. Investors lend money to eligible borrowers and receive money from the interest charged on loans, while LandlordInvest covers the costs of running the platform by charging borrowers an arrangement fee on each funded loan and by deducting a servicing fee from monthly interest payments to investors.
The platform is holding out the prospect of returns of up to 12% per annum. In its first year of operation, LandlordInvest facilitated more than £2.7m of lending through its platform, with an average loan amount of £210,535, an average LTV of 63.7%, and an average annual gross return to investors of 11.1%.
In March 2018 the platform's secondary market reached £1m of sales, with a total of 1,393 loan sales completed and an average transaction value of £730. As of November 2019, there has been £2.3m of secondary market sales on the platform.
LandlordInvest was the first P2P lender to offer a property-backed IFISA. LandlordInvest reached over £2m in subscriptions for its Innovative Finance ISA after having raised £1.65m in subscriptions in the 2017-18 tax year, an increase of 292.5% compared to the £419,835 of subscriptions made in the previous tax year. LandlordInvest's Innovative Finance ISA offers returns of up to 12.3% per annum. 
- Carol Lewis (21 January 2017). "Back innovation and benefit from tax perks". The Times. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Patrick Collinson (25 March 2017). "Is an Isa the best home for your nest egg?". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Joanne Atkin (8 June 2015). "Peer-to-peer lending platform for near prime property being developed". Mortgage Financial Gazette. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "LandlordInvest makes innovative finance ISA flexible", Wealth Adviser, 22 February 2017, retrieved 17 May 2017
- Sam Barker (21 December 2016). "One to One: Filip Karadaghi, chief executive, Landlordinvest". Mortgage Strategy. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "P2P Lending Platform Landlordinvest Secures Full FCA Authorisation", Retail Banker International, 7 December 2016, retrieved 17 May 2017
- Anna Brunetti (17 May 2017). "LandlordInvest launches secondary market". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Awards 2017 Winners", Property Wire Awards, retrieved 24 May 2017
- Marc Shoffman (4 July 2017). "LandlordInvest raises seed funding from property investor". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Marc Shoffman (17 July 2017). "LandlordInvest reaches £1m lending milestone". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- Suzie Neuwirth (31 July 2017). "LandlordInvest hits £2m milestone after completing largest loan to date". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Jordan Williams (5 December 2017). "One-year-old P2P platform publishes loan book". Bridging & Commercial. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Martin Greenland (18 June 2018). "LandlordInvest passes £5m lending milestone". Bridging & Commercial. Retrieved 25 June 2018.
- Marc Shoffman (8 November 2019). "Average LandlordInvest LTV and rates drop as it passes £8m lending milestone". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- P2PFN team (1 November 2018). "The Peer2Peer Finance News Power 50 2018". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "About Us", LandlordInvest, retrieved 17 May 2017
- JD Alois (5 December 2016). "LandlordInvest Receives Full FCA Authorisation, Plans to Offer IFISA". Crowdfund Insider. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Ryan Weeks (6 December 2016). "LandlordInvest receives full authorisation". AltFi. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "How it works", LandlordInvest, retrieved 17 May 2017
- Rupert Jones (18 February 2017). "A new Isa is offering tax-free returns of 12 % - so what's the catch?". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Marc Shoffman (13 March 2018). "LandlordInvest hits £1m on its secondary market". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Suzie Neuwirth (28 January 2019). "A guide to buy-to-let IFISAs". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- Tim Evershed (2 May 2018). "LandlordInvest hits £2m in IFISA subscriptions". Peer2Peer Finance News. Retrieved 2 May 2018.