This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founder||Ashwin Parmeswaran, Rito Haldar|
|Services||Luxury Asset Loans|
Unbolted is a UK based online personal asset-based peer-to-peer lending platform, where individuals can borrow from other individuals by using high value personal assets  such as luxury watches, cars, fine arts, antiques, jewellery and commodities such as gold. The company started trading in November 2014 and has its offices in London.
Unbolted was set up by Ashwin Parmeswaran and Rito Haldar with an aim to make short-term borrowing transparent, affordable and convenient for consumers and small business owners, by using their high-value personal assets to access low-cost loans. It raised seed funding in July 2014 prior to its public launch in November 2014.
Unbolted offers short-term loans of various types:
- 'Buy now, pay later' loans which allow auction participants at various partner sites (such as Forum Auctions) to bid on items without having the upfront cash.
- Sale advance loans, which allow vendors to receive up to half of their auction reserve before the auction takes place.
- Personal asset bridge loans and working capital loans offered to watch dealers.
Unbolted previously offered 'Gold Trust' loans, which helped to protect lenders from gold price volatility. When issuing these loans, Unbolted used to purchase exchange-traded derivatives (ETF put options) that paid off in the event that gold prices fell. When new FCA regulations came into place in December 2019, Unbolted ended Gold Trust protection for any new gold/precious metal loans.
- Jones, Rozi (30 December 2014). "P2P lender aims to challenge secured market". Financial Reporter. London. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Unbolted Launches as Challenger Brand to UK's "Out-Dated" Pawn and Secured Lending Industry with New Peer-to-Peer Online Offering". Yahoo Finance. London. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- Alois, JD (31 December 2014). "Unbolted May Be the First Peer to Peer Digital Pawn Shop". Crowd fund Insider. London. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Bachelor, Lisa (11 January 2015). "'Wonga-style' pawnbroker set to take place of payday lenders". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- Thomas, Matthew (9 December 2019). "Unbolted ends 'Gold Trust' protection on new precious metal loans". P2P Reviews. London. Retrieved 12 February 2019.