|Founded||United Kingdom (2014)|
LendingCrowd is an online peer-to-peer lending company, based in Edinburgh, Scotland. As the first Scottish based crowdlending firm, LendingCrowd has created a platform that enables investors to support small and medium-sized businesses by lending personal capital through small loans whilst earning a monthly interest payment.
Launched in 2014, LendingCrowd is the trading name of Edinburgh Alternative Finance Ltd. and was founded by CEO Stuart Lunn. Since September 2014, the LendingCrowd platform has delivered more than £45 million in loans for over 500 SMEs across Britain  In October 2018, LendingCrowd announced the appointment of former Standard Life CEO Sir Sandy Crombie as its Chairman.
Innovative Finance ISA
In February 2017 LendingCrowd became one of the first peer-to-peer business lending platforms to provide the Innovative Finance ISA. Only fully FCA authorised platforms are eligible to offer this product giving investors the opportunity to invest in peer-to-peer lending without having to pay tax on the interest earned.
Risk and Regulation
Financial Conduct Authority
LendingCrowd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). In November 2016 LendingCrowd became one of the first peer-to-peer lenders to move from interim permissions to fully authorised.
- "Dobbie unveils crowd-lending site for SMEs | Herald Scotland". heraldscotland.com. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- "LendingCrowd a Scotland first | Invest Edinburgh". investinedinburgh.com. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- "Marketplace Statistics | LendingCrowd". lendingcrowd.com. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- "Sir Sandy Crombie joins LendingCrowd as Chairman | LendingCrowd". lendingcrowd.com. October 2018. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- White, Lucy (August 9, 2017). "Octopus is the latest firm to offer the peer-to-peer Innovative Finance Isa". City A.M. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Jones, Rupert (February 18, 2017). "A new Isa is offering tax-free returns of 12% – so what's the catch?". The Guardian. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- Murray, Amelia (November 13, 2017). "Peer-to-peer lending: is it too late to profit?". The Telegraph. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- "Lending Crowd gains full FCA approval | Peer2Peer Finance News". P2pfinancenews.co.uk. 2016-11-03. Retrieved 2017-11-14.