|Born||Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK|
|Pen name||Deadly Knitshade|
|Genre||knitting, craft, street art|
Lauren O'Farrell (born June 1977), also known as Deadly Knitshade, is an English author and artist. She is best known for playing a major part in the beginnings of the UK graffiti knitting street art scene, creating the Stitch London craft community and founding graffiti knitting and craft collective Knit the City.
As a graffiti knitting street artist she is attributed with creating the term 'yarnstorming' as a less violent alternative to the popular yarnbombing in graffiti knitting and the creation of the 'stitched story' style of graffiti knitting using amigurumi and handmade objects to create a themed artwork rather than the traditional cosy.
Lauren creates her art under the Whodunnknit label and works and lives in London.
- O'Farrell, Lauren (2011) Stitch London: 20 Kooky Ways to Knit the City and More UK: David & Charles
- Knitshade, Deadly (2011) Knit the city: A Whodunnknit Set in London. UK: Summersdale.
- O'Farrell, Lauren (2013) Stitch New York: 20 Kooky Ways to Knit the City and More UK: David & Charles
- Costa, Maggie (20 April 2010). "The graffiti knitting epidemic". The Guardian. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Deadly Knitshade: 'get out there and use the world as your art gallery'". The Guardian. 11 May 2015. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Knitting but not as we know it". BBC. 13 June 2009. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "London's graffiti knitters". Telegraph. May 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-05.