|• Total||1,797 sq mi (4,653 km2)|
|Time zone||GMT +5 (UTC+5)|
Leilek is a raion (district) of Batken Region in south-western Kyrgyzstan. It borders with Batken District in the east, and Tajikistan in the south, west, and north. Its area is 4,653 square kilometres (1,797 sq mi), and its resident population was 116,861 in 2009. The capital lies at Isfana.
A Batken town's school closely located to Leilek.
Leilek District is located at northern slopes of Turkestan Range, high foothills, and Isfara-Isfana Valley with lowest point of Kyrgyzstan - 394 meters above sea level.
Towns, rural communities, and villages
In total, Leilek District include 1 town and 46 villages in 9 rural communities (aiyl okmotus). The rural communities and settlements in the Leilek District are:
- town of district significance Isfana (including villages: Myrza-Patcha, Samat, Chimgen, Taylan, Ak-Bulak, and Golbo)
- Ak-Suu aiyl okmotu (center village Ak-Suu and also villages Alga, Jenish, and Suu-Bashi)
- Beshkent aiyl okmotu (center - village Beshkent, and also villages Imeni Karla Marksa, Kayragach, 50 Let SSSR, and Eski Oochu)
- Margun aiyl okmotu (center - village Margun, and also villages Churbek, Darkhum, and Dargaz)
- Jangy Jer aiyl okmotu (center - village Tsentralnoye, and also villages Arka, Dostuk, Jashtyk)
- Leilek aiyl okmotu (center - village Korgon, and also villages Kara-Suu, Leilek, Chuyanchy, and Ak-Terek)
- Katran okmotu (center - village Katran, and also villages Jangy-Turmush, and Özgörüsh)
- Kulundu aiyl okmotu (center - village Kulundu, and also villages Bulak-Bashy, Internatsional'noye, Kommunizm and Imeni Lenina)
- Sambula aiyl okmotu (center - village Andarak, and also villages Iskra, Kök-Tash, and Kommuna)
- Toguz-Bulak aiyl okmotu (center - village Toguz-Bulak, and also villages Aykol, Kara-Bulak, Aybike (formerly called Madaniyat), Min-Jigach (formerly called 50 Let Kirgizii), and Gordoy (formerly called Imeni Chapaeva))
|This Batken Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|