Leon B. Postigo, Zamboanga del Norte
|Leon B. Postigo
Map of Zamboanga del Norte with Leon B highlighted Postigo
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Norte|
|District||3rd district of Zamboanga del Norte|
|Established||March 25, 1982|
|• Mayor||Hermogenes Cordova|
|• Total||255.50 km2 (98.65 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)65|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||15,456 voters as of 2016|
The municipality, originally named Bacungan, was formed by virtue of Batas Pambansa No. 204 on March 25, 1982. It was renamed to its current name by virtue of Republic Act No. 6830 on December 30, 1989, in honor of Leon Bayot Postigo, a Philippine Constabulary corporal whose 10-hectare lot in the town was donated by his heirs to the local government.
- Bacungan (Poblacion)
- Palandok (Rizon)
- Santa Maria
|Population census of Leon B. Postigo|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
|Bayog, Zamboanga del Sur|
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|