|Municipality of Kalawit|
Carabao Capital of Mindanao
Map of Zamboanga del Norte with Kalawit highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Norte|
|Barangays||14 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Salvador P. Antojado Jr.|
|• Vice Mayor||Merly C. Masugbo|
|• Congressman||Isagani S. Amatong|
|• Electorate||16,407 voters (2019)|
|• Total||217.89 km2 (84.13 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|• Income class||4th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||61.91% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||80,287,057.44 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)65|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Native languages||Subanon language|
Kalawit, officially the Municipality of Kalawit, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 23,633 people.
Kalawit is politically subdivided into 14 barangays.
- Daniel Maing (Dominolog)
- Fatima (Lacsutan)
- Kalawit (Poblacion)
- New Calamba
- San Jose
|Population census of Kalawit|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Zamboanga del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Republic Act No. 6851 - An Act Creating the Municipality of Kalawit in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 10 February 1990. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Zamboanga del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|