This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Leon Morris Hendrix|
January 13, 1948|
Seattle, Washington, U.S.
|Genres||Hard rock, blues rock|
Leon Hendrix (born January 13, 1948) is the brother of late American rock guitarist and singer Jimi Hendrix. He is an artist, songwriter and guitarist who began playing the guitar later in life and has released several albums. He is best known for his original artwork. He is father of six and grandfather of four.
Hendrix suffered from drug addiction and he spent time in prison for minor offences. After seeking drug treatment, Hendrix has been clean for over twelve years and lives with his girlfriend, who is a doctor, in Los Angeles, California.
In recent years Hendrix has been attempting to make a living from music and art. The Leon Hendrix Band released two albums, Keeper of the Flame in 2006, as well as the earlier Seattle Rain. In 2012, Hendrix published a biography of his brother titled Jimi Hendrix: A Brother's Story. It was co-written by Adam Mitchell and published by St. Martin's Press.
When Leon's father, Al, died in 2002, his will left control of the company Experience Hendrix, which controls the rights to Jimi Hendrix's estate, to Al's adopted daughter, Janie Hendrix, and his nephew, Robert Hendrix. Leon sued to have his father's will overturned but in 2004 the court ruled that Leon "was not entitled to anything from his father's will, other than a single gold record left to him when his father died in 2002." In another case, a court ruled against HendrixLicensing.com (a company run by Leon's business partner, Andrew Pitsicalis) for trademark infringement.
- Seattle Rain (2002) 
- Keeper Of The Flame (2006)
- Under the sky of Another Dream(2014) guitar player for the music single made by Veronica vitale
- Gene Stout (August 16, 2002), "Leon Hendrix Wants A Bigger Share Of Estate Brother Of Famed Guitarist Jimi Says He Was Denied His Rightful Inheritance And Will Sue", Seattle Post-Intelligencer, sec. News, p. B1, retrieved January 26, 2013
- Seattle Weekly The Leon Hendrix Experience
- Seattle Weekly News Litigious Experience By Rick Anderson Wednesday, Oct 23 2002
- Jimi Hendrix: A Brother's Story
- SantaCruz.Com The Jimi Hendrix Blues Experience Archived 2012-07-13 at Archive.is
- Alexander, Brian (2004-09-25). "Judge Settles Long Family Feud Over Jimi Hendrix's Estate". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2014-10-13.
- Gardner, Eriq (2014-01-29). "Jimi Hendrix Estate Wins Appeal Over Unlicensed Merchandise". The Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-10-13.
- Night Flight, November 27, 2017 - Castles made of sand, fall in the sea, eventually: “Jimi Hendrix: By Those Who Knew Him Best” By Bryan Thomas