|Studio album by Therion|
|Released||4 April 1995|
Music Lab Studio, Berlin
Nuclear Blast (reedition)
Digipack: NB 216-2
- "The Wings of the Hydra" – 3:33
- "Melez" – 4:07
- "Arrival of the Darkest Queen" – 0:54
- "The Beauty in Black" – 3:12
- "Riders of Theli" – 2:51
- "Black" – 5:02
- "Darkness Eve" – 5:19
- "Sorrows of the Moon" (Celtic Frost cover) – 3:26
- "Let the New Day Begin" – 3:35
- "Lepaca Kliffoth" – 4:26
- "Evocation of Vovin" – 4:52
Japanese edition contains also bonus track "The Veil of Golden Spheres".
Re-release in digipack format contains two bonus tracks: "Enter the Voids" (from Lepaca Kliffoth LP) and "The Veil of Golden Spheres". First release of digipack from November 15, 1996 has a black tray and missing #8 track "Sorrows of the Moon" on the back cover. Second release (ca. 1999) has a clear tray, fixed track listing and additional pictures on the inside cover.
- Christofer Johnsson - guitar, vocals and keyboards
- Piotr Wawrzeniuk - drums
- Fredrik Isaksson - bass guitar
- Harris Johns - engineering, mixing (except "Darkness Eve")
- Hans Groning - bass-baritone vocals ("The Beauty in Black", "Evocation of Vovin")
- Claudia Maria Mokri - soprano vocals ("The Beauty in Black", "Evocation of Vovin", "Black")
- Harris Johns - lead guitar (first part of solo in "The Beauty in Black")
- "Jan" - additional vocals (chorus parts of "Wings of the Hydra", "Sorrows of the Moon")
Album's inlay contains eleven pointed star, hendecagram, which is the symbol strictly related with the band. Every triangle and space between include Qliphoth's name (see image on the right). The list contains following names:
- A'arab Zaraq
Names mentioned in triangles came from the Dragon Rouge's Draconian initiation.
- Album cover and design made by Holmen & Ungman Productions.
- Original painting by Kristian Wåhlin.
- Tom Eriksen is an album's art director. He is also responsible for cover's computer treatments.