Lika-Senj County within Croatia
|• Župan||Milan Kolić (HDZ)|
|• Total||5,353 km2 (2,067 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.5/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||HR-09|
Lika-Senj County[pronunciation?] (Croatian: Ličko-senjska županija) is a county in Croatia that includes most of the Lika region and some northern coastline of the Adriatic near the town of Senj, including the northern part of the Pag island. Its center is Gospić.
The county is the least populated and among the least prosperous ones, though it is largest county in the country by area and includes the Plitvice Lakes National Park and Sjeverni (North) Velebit National Park, some of Croatia's major tourist attractions.
The county has a total area of 5353 km2.
Lika-Senj County is administratively subdivided into 13 units of local government:
- Town of Gospić
- Town of Novalja
- Town of Otočac
- Town of Senj
- Municipality of Brinje
- Municipality of Donji Lapac
- Municipality of Karlobag
- Municipality of Lovinac
- Municipality of Perušić
- Municipality of Plitvička Jezera (Plitvice Lakes)
- Municipality of Udbina
- Municipality of Vrhovine
|Historical populations of Lika-Senj County|
|Source: Naselja i stanovništvo Republike Hrvatske 1857–2001, Croatian Bureau of Statistics, Zagreb, 2005|
Since the early 20th century the county's population has been shrinking. As of the 2011 census, the county had 50,927 residents. The population density is 9.5/km2.
- Ostroški, Ljiljana, ed. (December 2015). Statistički ljetopis Republike Hrvatske 2015 [Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia 2015] (PDF). Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of Croatia (in Croatian and English). 47. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. p. 62. ISSN 1333-3305. Retrieved 27 December 2015.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: County of Lika-Senj". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Karlovac". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lika-Senj County.|
- Official website (Croatian)