|Vice-President of Senate|
21 March 2013
|Preceded by||Domenico Nania|
|Minister for Regional Affairs and Local Communities|
May 2006 – 2008
|Prime Minister||Romano Prodi|
|Preceded by||Enrico La Loggia|
|Succeeded by||Raffaele Fitto|
7 September 1948 |
|Political party||Democratic Party
Alliance for Italy
Linda Lanzillotta (born 7 September 1948) is an Italian politician. She was the minister for regional affairs and local communities between 2006 and 2008.
Lanzillotta is a manager and academic. From 1970 to 1982 she worked at the ministry of the budget and economic planning. She was a member of the Roma city council between 1997 and 1999. During this period she was the commissioner for economic, financial and budgetary policy. She served as the secretary general to the Prime Minister’s office for one year between 2000 and 2001. She was a faculty member at Rome 3 University from 2001 to 2005. She taught courses on public management at the university.
She was appointed minister for regional affairs and local communities in the cabinet led by Prime Minister Romano Prodi in May 2006. Her tenure lasted until 2008. She was the member of the Italian chamber of deputies for Alliance for Italy. She became a member of the Italian senate in February 2013 and is the vice-president of the senate.
- Linda Lanzillotta Italian Senate. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Points for a progressive European agenda GLOCUS. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Daniel Drosdoff (1999). "Cities flex financial muscle". Inter-American Development Bank. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Special presentation" (PDF). Center for American Progress. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Silvia Aloisi; Francesca Piscioneri (18 May 2006). "Prodi forms government". Times of Malta. Reuters. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Workshop agenda Etno. 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Nick Squires (29 September 2010). "Berlusconi survives crucial confidence vote". The Guardian (Rome). Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs pays a working visit to Rome Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cyprus. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- Senate Bodies Italian Senate. Retrieved 22 December 2013.
- "Visit of the Minister for Regional Affairs and Local Autonomies, Linda Lanzillotta" (PDF). IE News. April 2007. Retrieved 22 December 2013.