|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
The four Crosby brothers-(L-R) Dennis, Gary, Lindsay and Phillip in 1959.
|Born||Lindsay Harry Chip Crosby, Sr.
January 5, 1938
Los Angeles, California
|Died||December 11, 1989
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Spouse(s)||Barbara D. Fredrickson (1960-1962)
Janet Sue Schwartze (1966-1967)
Susan Marlin (1968-1978)
Adam C. Crosby (b. 1982)
Lindsay Harry Chip Crosby Jr. (b. 1969)
Kevin Crosby (b. 1970)
|Parent(s)||Bing Crosby (1903-1977)
Dixie Lee (1911-1952)
Lindsay Crosby, son of Bing Crosby and Dixie Lee, was born in California and named for his father's closest friend and Thoroughbred horse racing partner, Lindsay Howard. He was educated at Loyola High School, Los Angeles. He was remembered by his friends for having a special laid back and clever wit like his father. He performed with his brothers Gary, Dennis and Phillip Crosby as the Crosby Boys during the late 1950s in nightclubs and on The Ed Sullivan Show.
The Crosby Boys own inability to cope blighted their lives. They were greatly affected by their father's alleged emotional and physical abuse and mother's decline into alcoholism and a premature death from cancer. Heavy drinking and their emotional problems took their toll. Lindsay died from a self-inflicted rifle shot to the head. He was 51. A family spokeswoman said Crosby shot himself to death in a Las Vegas apartment after learning that the inheritance he relied on to support his family was gone. His distraught brother, Dennis, never recovered from Lindsay's death and also committed suicide with a shotgun in May 1991.
- Brother of Phillip and Dennis (twins) and Gary Crosby.
- Half-sibling of Harry Crosby, Nathaniel Crosby and Mary Crosby.
- Nephew of the bandleader Bob Crosby.
- Cousin of Cathy Crosby and Chris Crosby.
- Uncle of Denise Crosby,
- Lindsay Crosby at Apacheland Movie Ranch
- Lindsay Crosby at the Internet Movie Database
- Lindsay Crosby at Find a Grave
- Lindsay Crosby Suicide Laid to End of Inheritance Income http://articles.latimes.com/1989-12-13/local/me-242_1_lindsay-crosby