Line 1 (Guangzhou Metro)
Line 1 train near Xilang
|Other name(s)||M1 ("十" shape plan name)|
|Locale||Tianhe, Yuexiu, and Liwan districts|
|Termini||Guangzhou East Railway Station|
|Daily ridership||1.04 million (2017 daily average) |
2 million (2015 Peak)
|Opened||28 June 1997|
|Owner||City of Guangzhou|
|Operator(s)||Guangzhou Metro Corporation|
|Character||Underground and At-grade|
|Rolling stock||21 cars Siemens Modular Metro-AEG/Adtranz (original order) |
48 Bombardier Movia with CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles
|Line length||18.5 km (11.50 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines, 1,500 V DC|
|Cantonese Yale||Gwóngjāu Deihtit Yāt Houh Sin|
Line 1 of the Guangzhou Metro runs from Xilang to Guangzhou East Railway Station (18.5 km). Apart from Kengkou and Xilang, all stations in Line 1 are underground. The first section, from Xilang to Huangsha, opened on 28 June 1997, making Guangzhou the fourth city in mainland China to have a metro system. The full line started operation two years later on 28 June 1999. Line 1 is coloured yellow.
- 1984 - The municipal government set up the Preparation Office of Guangzhou Metro.
- 14 March 1988 - Chinese and French co-planning team publish four tentative designs of Line 1 and Line 2.
- 28 December 1993 - Construction of Line 1 officially commenced.
- 28 June 1997 - Line 1 opened for trial operation.
- 28 December 1998 - The entire Line 1 was completed.
- 16 February and 2 March 1999 - The entire line enter sightseeing tour trial operation.
- 28 June 1999 - The entire line officially enter operation.
|Xilang — Huangsha||28 June 1997||5.4 km (3.36 mi)||5||(initial section)|
|Huangsha — Guangzhou East||28 June 1999||13.1 km (8.14 mi)||11||(final section)|
|1 06||Changshou Lu||长寿路||0.77||6.24|
|1 07||Chen Clan Academy||陈家祠||1.16||7.4|
|1 10||Peasant Movement Institute||农讲所||1.17||10.6|
|1 11||Martyrs' Park||烈士陵园||1.08||11.68|
|1 14||Tiyu Xilu||体育西路||GBRT||1.36||15.52||Tianhe|
|1 15||Tianhe Sports Center||体育中心||1.04||16.56|
|1 16||Guangzhou East Railway Station||广州东站||GGQ||1.96||18.52|
- 879万人次！2015年最后一天广州地铁客流创历史新高 [8.79 million people! Guangzhou Metro achieved daily ridership record on the last day of 2015] (in Chinese). Nanfang News. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Guangzhou Metro Line 1 Archived 2010-03-02 at the Wayback Machine