List of Brigham Young University faculty
This list of Brigham Young University faculty includes notable current and former instructors and administrators of Brigham Young University (BYU), a private, coeducational research university owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and located in Provo, Utah, United States. It includes faculty at its related academic colleges and two schools, including the Marriott School of Management and the J. Reuben Clark Law School. As of Fall 2007, BYU employs 1,300 instructional faculty, 88% of whom are tenured or on tenure track, and approximately 2,900 administrative and staff personnel. Part-time employees include approximately 900 faculty, administrative and staff personnel and 12,000 students.
- 1 College of Family, Home and Social Sciences
- 2 College of Fine Arts and Communications
- 3 College of Humanities
- 4 College of Life Sciences
- 5 College of Nursing
- 6 College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- 7 College of Religious Education
- 8 College of Undergraduate Education
- 9 Fulton College of Engineering and Technology
- 10 J. Reuben Clark School of Law
- 11 Marriott School of Management
- 12 McKay School of Education
- 13 See also
- 14 References
- 15 External links
College of Family, Home and Social Sciences
|Hamblin, WilliamWilliam Hamblin||History|
|Choate, MarkMark Choate||History||2001–present||Bronze Star recipient for his handbook on village stability operations in Afghanistan, 2010-2011||No|||
College of Fine Arts and Communications
|Boothe, Randall W.Randall W. Boothe||Music||Director of Light of the World and Faith in Every Footstep; former director of Disney's All American College Singers, Dancers and Show Band and artistic director for the Young Ambassadors||No|||
|Christensen, James C.James C. Christensen||Visual Arts||Fantasy painter||Yes|||
College of Humanities
|Sanderson, BrandonBrandon Sanderson||English||2005 - present||Fantasy author||Yes|||
|Wolverton, DaveDave Wolverton||English||Science-fiction author||No|||
|Johnson, KimberlyKimberly Johnson||English||Poet||No|||
|Faulconer, James E.James E. Faulconer||Philosophy||1975–present||Philosopher; founding editor of Epoché: A Journal for the History of Philosophy; columnist for Patheos||Yes|||
College of Life Sciences
|Chamberlin, Ralph VaryRalph Vary Chamberlin||Biology||1908-1911||Prolific taxonomist, central to the 1911 modernism controversy||No|||
College of Nursing
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
|Ashton, AlanAlan Ashton||Computer Science||1987||Co-founder of WordPerfect, founder of Thanksgiving Point|||
College of Religious Education
|Bott, Randy L.Randy L. Bott||Religion||Author and highest-rated professor in America in 2008 at Ratemyprofessor.com.||Yes|||
|Brown, Hugh B.Hugh B. Brown||Religion||Author and former member of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints||No|||
|Madsen, Truman G.Truman G. Madsen||Philosophy||Prolific LDS author, former director of BYU Jerusalem Center||No|||
College of Undergraduate Education
Fulton College of Engineering and Technology
J. Reuben Clark School of Law
|Benson, DeeDee Benson||Law||1996||Federal Judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court||Yes|||
|EchoHawk, LarryLarry EchoHawk||Law||1995 - present||Former Attorney General for Idaho||Yes|||
|Gee, GordonGordon Gee||Law||1979||President of The Ohio State University, former President of Brown University||No|||
|Nuffer, DavidDavid Nuffer||Law||2001 - present||Federal Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Utah||Yes|||
|Whitman, Dale A.Dale A. Whitman||Law||1973–1978, 1989–1999||Former Dean of the University of Missouri School of Law, former President of the Association of American Law Schools||Yes|||
|Hafen, Bruce C.Bruce C. Hafen||Law||1985–1989||Former President of Ricks College, Emeritus General Authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints||No|||
Marriott School of Management
|Albrecht, W. SteveW. Steve Albrecht||Accounting||Former President of the American Accounting Association, former (and first) President of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners||Yes|||
|Covey, StephenStephen Covey||Organizational Leadership & Strategy||Author of New York Times Best Seller The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Time Magazine Top 25 most influential American||Yes|||
|Nadauld, Stephen D.Stephen D. Nadauld||Management (Finance)||1976–1983||Ninth President of Weber State University, former Director of BYU MBA program, current interim President of Dixie State College||Yes|||
McKay School of Education
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brigham Young University.|
- "Demographics". BYU. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Video: BYU professor receives Bronze Star for work in Afghanistan". Church News. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Randall W. Boothe". BYUH. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- "James C. Christensen bio". Greenwich Workshop. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- "Local Author". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- "Part-time Faculty". BYU English Department. Retrieved 2008-05-07.[dead link]
- "Dave Wolverton". Mormon Literature. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- "James E. Faulconer" (PDF). Brigham Young University. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "James Faulconer". Patheos. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Sherlock, Richard (January–February 1979). "Campus in Crisis: BYU's earliest conflict between secular knowledge and religious belief" (PDF). Sunstone (13): 10–16.
- "Alan C. Ashton". BYU Marriott School of Management. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- Peterson, Janice (9 December 2008). "BYU professor rated 2008's best on Web site". The Daily Herald. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Top 10". Ratemyprofessors.com. Retrieved 2008-12-20.
- "Hugh B. Brown bio". Utah History Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- "Truman G. Madsen". TrumanMadsen.com. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- "Hon. Dee V. Benson". Utah Bar Association. Retrieved 2008-05-13.
- "Larry EchoHawk". EchoHawk Law Offices. Archived from the original on 2006-06-14. Retrieved 2008-05-14. External link in
- "Office of the President, Gordon Gee". The Ohio State University. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Judge Nuffer". U.S. Courts. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Dale A. Whitman". University of Missouri. Archived from the original on 2008-04-21. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Bruce and Marie Hafen". Brigham Young University-Idaho. Retrieved 2008-06-03.
- "1998 Annual Meeting: An Invitation to New Orleans in August". American Accounting Association. Retrieved 2008-05-22.
- "W. Steve Albrecht profile". Brigham Young University. Archived from the original on 2008-01-26. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- "Dr. Stephen Covey". World Business Academy. Retrieved 2008-05-07.
- "Elder Stephen D. Nadauld of the Seventy". LDS Church. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Stephen D. Nadauld Named Interim President of Dixie State College" (PDF). Utah System of Higher Education. Retrieved 2008-05-12.