List of Buckinghamshire boundary changes
Boundary changes affecting the English county of Buckinghamshire.
|20 October 1844||Counties (Detached Parts) Act 1844|
|25 March 1883||Local Government Board Order 19622|
|24 March 1884||Local Government Board Orders 15986, 15987|
|25 March 1885||Local Government Board Order 16585|
|25 March 1888||Local Government Board Order 21701|
|30 September 1895||Local Government Board Provisional Order 1170|
|25 March 1896||Local Government Board Provisional Order Confirmation (No.14) Act|
|1 October 1900||Local Government Board Order 41337|
|1 April 1907||The Counties of Buckingham and Hertford (Alteration of County Boundaries) Order 1906||
|1 April 1933||Ministry of Health Provisional Order Confirmation (Buckingham and Oxford) Act 1933|
|5 June 1956||Ministry of Health and Local Government Declaration||
|26 October 1956||Ministry of Health and Local Government Declaration||
|21 December 1956||Ministry of Health and Local Government Declaration||
|1 April 1965||The Counties of Bedford and Buckingham (Leighton-Linslade) Order 1965|
|1 April 1974||Local Government Act 1972|
|1 April 1991||The Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire (County Boundaries) Order 1991|
|1 April 1991||The Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire (County Boundaries) Order 1991|
|1 April 1995||The Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Surrey (County Boundaries) Order 1994|
List of places transferred from Buckinghamshire to Berkshire in 1974
- Britwell[note i]
- Burnham (part)[note i]
- Ditton Park
- Eton Wick
- Salt Hill
- Wexham (part)[note i]
† These areas were entirely detached from the remainder of Buckinghamshire.
‡ Detached part of Oxfordshire surrounded by Buckinghamshire
§ Detached part of Hertfordshire surrounded by Buckinghamshire
Note a: ^ The chapelry of Ackhampstead was a detached part of Oxfordshire within the Parish of Lewknor.
Note b: ^ The parish of Stratton Audley was partly in Buckinghamshire and partly in Oxfordshire until 1844.
Note c: ^ The hamlet of Studley formed part of the parish of Beckley, the remainder of which was in Oxfordshire.
Note d: ^ The extra-parochial place of Luffield Abbey was partly in Buckinghamshire and partly in Northamptonshire. In 1844 the part in the latter county was transferred to the Northamptonshire parish of Silverstone so that Luffield Abbey was entirely within Buckinghamshire thereafter.
Note e: ^ The township of Boycott was part of the parish of Stowe, otherwise in Buckinghamshire.
Note f: ^ Part the hamlet of Coleshill was a detached part of Hertfordshire. The hamlet was part of the parish of Amersham, otherwise in Buckinghamshire.
Note g: ^ The remainder of Ivinghoe remained in Buckinghamshire.
Note h: ^ Linslade Urban District was merged with Leighton Buzzard Urban District in Bedfordshire, to form Leighton-Linslade Urban District in the latter county.
Note i: ^ ^ The part of the parish of Wexham transferred to Berkshire was formed into a new parish of Wexham Court. The Britwell ward of Burnham parish was transferred to Berkshire to become the new parish of Britwell.
- Listed in Schedule M of the Parliamentary Boundaries Act 1832, 2&3 Will.4 c.64
- Youngs, Frederic A, Jr. (1979). Guide to the Local Administrative Units of England, Vol.I: Southern England. London: Royal Historical Society. pp. 29&ndash, 44. ISBN 0-901050-67-9.
- Great Britain Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Edlesborough parish. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Great Britain Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Little Gaddesden parish. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Page, William (ed) (1925). Victoria County History of Buckinghamshire: Volume 3: Ibstone. pp. 62–65.
- Great Britain Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Bullington RD. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- Great Britain Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Leighton Linslade UD. Retrieved 2009-09-09.[permanent dead link]
- Arnold-Baker, C. (1973). Local Government Act 1972. Butterworths.
- "The Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire (County Boundaries) Order 1991". HMSO. 1991.
- "The Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire (County Boundaries) Order 1991". HMSO. 1991.
- "The Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Surrey (County Boundaries) Order 1994". HMSO. 1994. Archived from the original on 2009-02-02.
- Local government in England and Wales: A Guide to the New System. London: HMSO. 1974. p. 170. ISBN 0-11-750847-0.