List of South East Asian people by net worth
Forbes magazine annually lists the world's wealthiest individuals - The World's Richest People. What follows is the list of billionaires (in US dollars) in South East Asia, for 2012 issued. The vast majority of them are of Chinese descent. To date, Malaysia has the most top number of billionaires in the list of richest South East Asian people.   
Number of Billionaires by Country
As of year 2013.
|Rank||Nation||Number of billionaires||Richest billionaire by country|
|1||Indonesia||35||Robert Budi Hartono & Michael Hartono|
|3||Thailand||10||Dhanin Chearavanont & Family|
|6||Vietnam||1||Pham Nhat Vuong|
- Forbes.com: Forbes World's Richest People - By country of citizenship
- Forbes.com: Forbes World's Richest People - By country of residence
- Forbes List
- Cushman, Jennifer, and Wang Gungwu. (1988) The Changing Identities of the Southeast Asian Chinese Since World War II. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.
- Pan, Lynn. (1999) The Encyclopedia of the Overseas Chinese. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Wang Gungwu. (2000) The Chinese Overseas: From Earth-bound China to the Quest for Autonomy. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.