List of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This list of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints delineates those annual outdoor theatrical performance produced by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is reminiscent of early Christian Pageants which reenacted the world history in processional performance. Latter-day Saint pageants are held outdoors, they are free to the public, and typically last for a two-week period. In December 2018, the LDS Church announced that four pageants will phased out over the next several years.
Official LDS Church Pageants in Production
- Hill Cumorah Pageant, Palmyra, New York: Ending in 2020
- Easter Pageant Jesus the Christ, Mesa, Arizona: Temporarily suspended in 2019 and 2020 due to the renovation of the Mesa Temple
- Truth Will Prevail (Chorley, Lancashire, England): Will continue every four years beginning in 2021
- Castle Valley Pageant (Castle Dale, Utah)
- Clarkston Pageant (Clarkston, Utah)
- Mormon Miracle Pageant, Manti, Utah
- And it Came to Pass: An informal, indoor pageant near the Oakland California Temple, ceased production in 2007.
- Walch, Tad (2018-12-05). "Church finalizes pageant decision: 4 to end, 3 to continue". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- Christmann, Samantha. "A bittersweet moment as the Hill Cumorah Pageant prepares for its final bow", The Buffalo News, 16 July 2019. Retrieved on 24 March 2020.
- Draper, Scottie. "Castle Valley Pageant Discontinued After 40 Years", ETV News, 3 June 2019. Retrieved on 24 March 2020.
- Stephenson, Kathy. "Manti’s Mormon Miracle Pageant is now history. Here are five remembrances of the show’s 52-year run.", The Salt Lake Tribune, 23 June 2019. Retrieved on 24 March 2020.
- Rott, Dale (2005). Intersections Between Theatre and the Church in the United States: 1930-1990. The Journal of Religion and Theatre.
- Ghaznavi, Shanna (July 1999), "Stars under the Sky", New Era, retrieved 2013-02-19
- Rees, Bridget, "LDS Pageants", LDS Living Magazine, archived from the original on 2008-08-28