List of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This list of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints delineates those annual outdoor theatrical performance produced by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is reminiscent of early Christian Pageants which reenacted the world history in processional performance. Latter-day Saint pageants are held outdoors, they are free to the public, and typically last for a two-week period. Official pageants of the LDS Church currently in production include the following:
- Castle Valley Pageant (Castle Dale, Utah)
- Clarkston Pageant (Clarkston, Utah)
- Hill Cumorah Pageant (Palmyra, New York)
- Mormon Miracle Pageant (Manti, Utah)
- Easter Pageant Jesus the Christ (Mesa, Arizona)
- Nauvoo Pageant (Nauvoo, Illinois)
- Truth Will Prevail (Chorley, Lancashire, England) - starting in 2013, first LDS pageant outside the USA, running 31 July to 10 August.
- "Locations and Schedules", LDS.org (LDS Church), retrieved 2013-02-19
- "News Release", Newsroom (UK) (LDS Church)
- Rott, Dale (2005). Intersections Between Theatre and the Church in the United States: 1930-1990. The Journal of Religion and Theatre.
- Ghaznavi, Shanna (July 1999), "Stars under the Sky", New Era, retrieved 2013-02-19
- Rees, Bridget, "LDS Pageants", LDS Living Magazine, archived from the original on 2008-08-28