List of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This list of pageants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints delineates those annual outdoor theatrical performance produced by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). It is reminiscent of early Christian Pageants which reenacted the world history in processional performance. Latter-day Saint pageants are held outdoors, they are free to the public, and typically last for a two-week period. Official pageants of the LDS Church currently in production include the following:
- Castle Valley Pageant (Castle Dale, Utah)
- Clarkston Pageant (Clarkston, Utah)
- Hill Cumorah Pageant (Palmyra, New York)
- Mormon Miracle Pageant (Manti, Utah)
- Easter Pageant Jesus the Christ (Mesa, Arizona)
- Nauvoo Pageant (Nauvoo, Illinois)
- Truth Will Prevail (Chorley, Lancashire, England) - starting in 2013, first LDS pageant outside the USA, running 31 July to 10 August. Moved to Nauvoo in 2014 and performed until 2016 jointly with the Nauvoo Pageant on alternate weekdays of the summer, returned to the UK in 2017.
- "Locations and Schedules", LDS.org, LDS Church, retrieved 2013-02-19
- "The Martin Harris Pageant".
- "News Release", Newsroom (UK), LDS Church
- Rott, Dale (2005). Intersections Between Theatre and the Church in the United States: 1930-1990. The Journal of Religion and Theatre.
- Ghaznavi, Shanna (July 1999), "Stars under the Sky", New Era, retrieved 2013-02-19
- Rees, Bridget, "LDS Pageants", LDS Living Magazine, archived from the original on 2008-08-28