List of private military contractors
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of private military companies)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following is a list of notable private military contractors and companies.
- Sharp End International, Mainly uses Australian and New Zealand ex-special forces instructors
- Unity Resources Group, Hires Ex Australian special forces, and sometimes Canadians, New Zealanders, US and British
Dominican Republic companies
- Northbridge Services Group Dominican Republic, with offices in United Kingdom & Ukraine. It's one of the largest private military companies.
South African companies
|Aegis Defence Services||London||Iraq, Afghanistan, and others||Contracted by the U.S. department of Defense during the most recent War in Iraq. Aegis Defence Services Ltd was acquired by GardaWorld International Protective Services.|
|Control Risks Group||London||Provider of security and armed guards for British Embassies and Consulates|
|Erinys International||Dubai||A joint South African-British private security company registered in the British Virgin Islands.|
|International Intelligence Limited||Eastington, Stroud||Specialist contracts. Operates in the security and intelligence sectors.|
|Sandline International||London||Ceased operations on April 16, 2004|
Main article: List of United States defense contractors
|AirScan||Titusville, FL||US Department of Defense, United States Air Force, and a number of private companies|
|Academi||McLean, VA||Consulting. Formerly known as Blackwater and Xe and it is part of the Constellis Group.|
|Custer Battles||McLean, VA||Iraq and oil sector (at present, have ceased operations in Iraq)||Dissolved|
|G4S Risk Management||Palm Beach Gardens, FL||Paramilitary security forces of DoD, Energy Department, Savannah River Nuclear Site, and others. Commonly known in the U.S. by its former name, Wackenhut Group.|
|Jorge Scientific Corporation||Arlington, VA||Consulting|
|KBR||Houston, TX||Formerly a Division of Halliburton|
|MPRI, Inc.||Alexandria, VA|
|MVM, Inc.||Vienna, VA||CIA and NSA contractor|
|Northrop Grumman||Los Angeles, CA|
|Titan Corporation||San Diego, CA||Sold to L3 Communications in 2005|
|Triple Canopy, Inc.||Herndon, VA||South America, Iraq, Syria||It is part of the Constellis Group.|
|Vinnell Corporation||Fairfax, VA||Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iraq|
- CorpWatch : Liberia: Northbridge Services Group Under Investigation
- Mirror of Executive Outcomes' official website in 1998, from archive.org. Accessed January 2012.
- Eeben Barlow's autobiography: Executive Outcomes – Against all Odds. Accessed January 2012.
- Norton-Taylor, Richard (April 23, 2009). "Foreign Office to propose self-regulation for private military firms". The Guardian. Retrieved January 2, 2012.