Llogara National Park
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Llogara National Park|
|Parku Kombëtar i Llogarasë/Llogorasë|
Forests of Llogara National Park
|Location||Vlorë County, south-west Albania|
|Area||1,010 ha (2,500 acres)|
Llogara or Llogora National Park (Albanian: Parku Kombëtar i Llogarasë/Llogorasë) is a national park in Albania declared since 1966 by the Albanian Government. The park covers an area of 1,010 hectares (2,500 acres) and protects the forests on the north side of the Llogara Pass between a height from 470 to 2,018 m (1,542 to 6,621 ft) above sea level. In the park can be found many black pine (Pinus nigra) trees, Bosnian pines (Pinus heldreichii), Bulgarian fir, (Abies borisii-sign) and ash trees (Fraxinus). Llogara had a history of being a vacationing area for Albanians during communism.
Air currents that flow through the area have caused trees to bend in many interesting shapes, like the Pisha e Flamurit.
- Griffon vulture
- Golden eagle
- Rock partridge
- Fallow deer
- Roe deer
- European wildcat
- Red squirrel
- Eurasian otter
- European otter
- Stone marten
- Red fox
- Along the road are several restaurants, hotels, and a small wooden cabin complex.
Most known hotels are Llogora Tourist Village, Hotel Sofo and Hotel Alpin.
- The area of the park and the surrounding mountains are used mainly for hiking and tracking tours. A paragliding site serving annually as an international competition venue is located south of Llogara.
- Traditional Lab Albanian meals are also offered to visitors who visit. Along the twisting road are several local vendors of honey and mountain tea.
- Caesar's Pass (Qafa e Cezarit) named after Julius Caesar who marched down near the area in pursuit of Pompey is also located near Llogara Pass.
- Tourism in Albania
- Albanian Riviera
- Geography of Albania
- Karaburun-Sazan National Marine Park
- Llogara Tragedy
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Llogara.|
|This article about a specific location in Vlorë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|