London on da Track
|London on da Track|
|Birth name||London Holmes|
|Also known as||RK London|
|Born||March 27, 1991|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, songwriter|
London Holmes (born March 27, 1991), better known by his stage name London on da Track, is an American record producer, songwriter, and former rapper. He is a frequent collaborator of fellow Atlanta rapper Young Thug and has also worked with Birdman, Lil Wayne, Rich Homie Quan, Gucci Mane, Drake, Post Malone, T.I., 21 Savage, Travis Porter, Rich Kidz and 50 Cent. He has also worked with 2 Chainz, producing and writing for the track Section on the 2016 Lil Wayne collaboration album, ColleGrove.
London began rapping at the age of sixteen with the group Dem Guyz. The group used to download beats on SoundClick for 99 cents, although most of the beats cost $100 for exclusive rights[clarification needed]. As a way to save money, London drew upon his experience playing piano arrangements in church and began making beats for rappers. With the help of online software he was able to refine his craft. He gained local acclaim when he began producing beats for the Rich Kidz . Soon after, others[who?] began asking for his compositions. Early on in his career, London would give away his beats for free as a means to build connections and garner more publicity. The first song he produced that received radio play was "Pieon" by Rich Kidz. The success of Pieon motivated London to continue producing. In 2011, he recorded his first of many collaborations with Young Thug, "Curtains." London continued to give his beats away for free before signing his first label deal with Cash Money Records.
In August 2014, American rapper and Cash Money Records chief executive officer (CEO) Bryan "Birdman" Williams, called London "the best producer in the business, as we speak today". London's frequent collaborator, Atlanta-based rapper Young Thug has stated London is his favorite producer to work with and will go down as "the greatest producer ever". Complex included him on their 2013 list of "25 New Producers To Watch For". In August 2014, three singles, produced by London on da Track, charted on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time, with "Lifestyle" at 16, "About the Money" at 42, and "Hookah" at 85.
(featuring 21 Savage, Offset & Nicki Minaj)
|"Whatever You On"
(featuring YG, Jeremih, Ty Dolla $ign & Young Thug)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(Tyga featuring Young Thug)
|2014||85||25||19||The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty|
|"About the Money"
(T.I. featuring Young Thug)
(Rich Gang featuring Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan)
(Rich Gang featuring Young Thug and Lil Wayne)
|"Sho Me Love"
(Rich Gang featuring Juvenile)
(Drake featuring 21 Savage)
|"Roll in Peace" (Kodak Black featuring XXXTentacion)||2017||31||16||14||Project Baby 2|
|"92 Explorer"(Post Malone)||2018||40||26||19||Beerbongs & Bentleys|
|"No Stylist" (French Montana featuring Drake)||—||—||—||No Stylist - EP|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- "London on Da Track". Complex. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "London On Da Track And Young Thug Wrote "Lifestyle" In Their Kitchen". XXL. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Ivey, Justin (November 30, 2015). "Listen to 50 Cent, "Too Rich"". Hip-Hop News, Rap Music - XXL. Townsquare Media. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- Turner, David (13 November 2014). "Beat Construction: London On Da Track Moves Rich Gang's Keys". Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Birdman Introduces Rich Gang Producer "London On Da Track" Part 2 (Feat. Young Thug)". Rich Gang. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- Montgomery, Sarah. FADER http://www.thefader.com/2017/08/24/london-on-da-track-no-flag-nicki-minaj-offset-21-savage. Retrieved 3 January 2018. Missing or empty
- Tanzer, Myles (7 December 2017). "London On Da Track recruits Young Thug, YG, Jeremih, and Ty Dolla $ign for "Whatever You On" video". FADER. Retrieved 30 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-09. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to London on da Track.|