Lost (Michael Bublé song)
|Single by Michael Bublé|
|from the album Call Me Irresponsible|
|Released||November 12, 2007|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Length||3:27 (Radio Edit)|
3:41 (Album Version)
|Label||143 Records, Reprise|
|Songwriter(s)||Michael Bublé, Jann Arden, Alan Chang, Amy Foster-Gilles,|
|Producer(s)||David Foster, Humberto Gatica|
|Michael Bublé singles chronology|
"Lost" is a song by Canadian crooner Michael Bublé, released as third single from his third major label studio album, Call Me Irresponsible. The song was inspired by the breakup with his former fiancée Debbie Timuss. The song was released as a single on November 12, 2007.
In promotion of the single, Bublé performed the song on The X Factor on December 8, 2007. The song was also featured in the sixth season of American police procedural drama NCIS. It featured in a scene in the episode "Heartland", in which Agent Gibbs leaves the town of Stillwater while recalling how he met his first wife. The song was later covered by Jann Arden, a co-writer of the song, for her album Free. The song was a moderate success worldwide. In Canada, the song peaked at #25, while in the United States, "Lost" peaked at #97, making it Michael's third highest entrance in the chart. It also had fair success in the United Kingdom, where it peaked at #19. In Norway, the song peaked at #14. "Lost" was later nominated for a Juno award in 2009.
A music video accompanied the release of the single, which features Bublé listening through the walls of an apartment and hearing the people behind them. The video was directed by Andrew MacNaughtan.
- UK CD single #1
- "Lost" (International Pop Mix) - 3:27
- "Lost" (Music Video) - 3:40
- UK CD single #2
- "Lost" (Album Version) - 3:40
- "That's Life" - 4:05
- "Wonderful Tonight" (featuring Ivan Lins) - 4:13
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-02-26. Retrieved 2008-02-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Michael Bublé Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "Italiancharts.com – Michael Bublé – Lost". Top Digital Download.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.
- "Michael Bublé Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "Michael Bublé Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "Adult Contemporary Songs – Year-End 2008". Billboard. Retrieved September 22, 2019.