Love Is Everything (George Strait album)
|Love Is Everything|
|Studio album by George Strait|
|Released||May 14, 2013|
|George Strait chronology|
|Singles from Love Is Everything|
Love Is Everything is the twenty-eighth studio album by American country music artist George Strait. It was released on May 14, 2013 via MCA Nashville. Lead-off single "Give It All We Got Tonight" was released October 29, 2012 and became a top-10 single. Strait co-produced the album with his long-time producer Tony Brown. The album release is accompanied by a Spring 2014 concert tour, The Cowboy Rides Away Tour.
This was the last album of Strait's career to feature Tony Brown, who has produced all of Strait's albums since 1992.
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The Salt Lake Tribune||B-|
|Taste of Country|||
Love Is Everything received generally positive reviews from music critics. At Metacritic, they assigns a weighted average score out of 100 to reviews and ratings from mainstream critics, the album received a metascore of 75, based on 5 reviews.
At Country Weekly, Bob Paxman told that the album "further showcases George's smooth voice and, perhaps more importantly, his uncanny knack for picking outstanding songs." Mikael Wood of Los Angeles Times called the release "completely devastating" because it contains "carefully rendered and unabashed in its optimism, it's as personal as anything Strait has ever recorded." The Salt Lake Tribune found that "Strait risks nothing", which is not necessarily a good or bad thing because he has "a voice that is deeper than the Marianas Trench with the right amount of twang, in the end, Strait needs no exclamation points, and still is appealing." At USA Today, Brian Mansfield claimed that Strait "hasn't lost a step in the studio." Daryl Addison of Great American Country noted that the release is "an insightful and sentimental chapter to George's continuing legacy." At Billboard, Chuck Dauphin gave a positive review, when he affirmed that "truly [this] is an album worth giving a listen to, and then, and then again." At Country Standard Time, Jeffrey B. Remz of Country Standard Time said that "George Strait continues to age very well." 
However, Stephen Thomas Erlewine of Allmusic wrote that the release "isn't necessarily ambitious," but at the same time "it is remarkably satisfying." Roughstock's Dan MacIntosh alluded to how that "much like the old saying about how the worst day of fishing is always better than the best day of work, even a subpar George Strait album is likely better than much of what’s heard on today’s radio." At Taste of Country, Billy Dukes evoked that the effort is "hampered by a strong sameness."
|1.||"I Got a Car"||Tom Douglas, Keith Gattis||4:32|
|2.||"Give It All We Got Tonight"||Mark Bright, Tim James, Phil O’Donnell||4:11|
|3.||"Blue Melodies"||Gattis, Wyatt Earp||4:26|
|4.||"I Just Can't Go On Dying Like This"||George Strait||3:57|
|5.||"I Thought I Heard My Heart Sing"||L. Russell Brown, Bill Kenner||2:59|
|6.||"That's What Breaking Hearts Do"||G. Strait, Bubba Strait||3:30|
|7.||"When Love Comes Around Again"||Monty Holmes, Donny Kees, Jeff Silvey||3:33|
|8.||"The Night Is Young"||Dean Dillon, B. Strait, G. Strait||3:32|
|9.||"Sittin' on the Fence"||Gattis, Roger Creager||3:27|
|10.||"I Believe"||Dillon, B. Strait, G. Strait||3:46|
|11.||"Love Is Everything"||Pat McLaughlin, Casey Beathard||3:07|
|12.||"You Don't Know What You're Missing"||Al Anderson, Chris Stapleton||3:43|
|13.||"When the Credits Roll"||Steve Bogard, Kyle Jacobs, Randy Montana||3:18|
Love Is Everything debuted at No.2 on the Billboard 200 chart and No.1 on the Country Albums chart with 125,000 copies. The album is Strait's 18th top 10 album on the Billboard 200 chart, tying him with Paul McCartney for the fourth-most top 10 albums among male artists in history; only Frank Sinatra (33), Elvis Presley (27), and Bob Dylan (20) have had more top 10 albums. Love Is Everything is Strait's 25th No. 1 album on the Country Albums chart, extending his record for the most No. 1 albums on that list; Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard are tied for second place with 15 No. 1 albums each. "Love is Everything" was certified Gold on July 17, 2014, making this Strait's 39th career album to be certified Gold by the RIAA, and giving him the 6th highest tally of Gold albums in history behind Elvis Presley, Barbra Streisand, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Neil Diamond. As of September 2014, the album sold 456,400 copies in the US.
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions|
|US Country||US Country Airplay||US||CAN Country
|2012||"Give It All We Got Tonight"||7||2||43||30||72|
|"I Got a Car"||23||17||89||39||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
Golden by Lady Antebellum
|Top Country Albums number-one album
June 1, 2013
True Believers by Darius Rucker
|United States (RIAA)||Gold|
- Dunkerley, Beville (2013-03-18). "George Strait, 'Love Is Everything' Album Coming This Spring". theboot.com. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Whitaker, Sterling (2013-03-18). "George Strait Announces New Album, ‘Love Is Everything’". Taste of Country. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Nicholson, Jessica (2013-03-25). "George Strait To Release ‘Love Is Everything’ May 14". MusicRow. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Paxman, Bob (2013-03-25). "George Strait: More Details on New Album". Country Weekly. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Bjorke, Matt (2013-03-25). "George Strait "Love Is Everything" Tracklist and Cover Art". Roughstock. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Metacritic (May 17, 2013). "Critic Reviews for Love Is Everything". CBS Interactive. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (May 14, 2013). "Love Is Everything - George Strait : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Paxman, Bob (May 15, 2013). "Love Is Everything by George Strait". Country Weekly. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Wood, Mikael (May 16, 2013). "Album review: George Strait's reflective 'Love Is Everything'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- MacIntosh, Dan (May 13, 2013). "Album Review: George Strait - Love Is Everything". Roughstock. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Burger, David (May 15, 2013). "CD Review: George Strait's 'Love is Everything'". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (May 16, 2013). "George Strait, ‘Love Is Everything’ – Album Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Mansfield, Brian (May 14, 2013). "Album of the week: George Strait digs deep for 'Love'". USA Today. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Adddison, Daryl (May 14, 2013). "GAC Album Review: George Strait's Love Is Everything". Great American Country. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Dauphin, Chuck (May 13, 2013). "George Strait, 'Love Is Everything': Track-by-Track Review". Billboard. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Remz, Jeffery B. (May 14, 2013). "George Strait - Love Is Everything". Countrt Standard Time. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Caulfield, Keith (May 22, 2013). "Vampire Weekend Debuts At No. 1 On Billboard 200". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- "American album certifications – George Strait – Love is Everything". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- Matt Bjorke (September 3, 2014). "Country Album Sales Report – September 3, 2014". Roughstock. Sales figure given here here
- "George Strait – Chart history" Billboard Canadian Albums Chart for George Strait.
- "Billboard 200 Albums: Year-End top-selling albums across all genres". Billboard.
- "Top Country Albums". Billboard.
- "Top Country Albums: 2014 Year-End Charts". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "George Strait Album & Song Chart History - Canada Country". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "American album certifications – George Strait – Love Is Everything". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH