Low Point, Newfoundland and Labrador
Low Point is an unincorporated town in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada located on a spit of land overlooking a small bay called Bay de Verde Bight. Low Point is a fishing village that has experienced resettlement over a longer period as residents moved to larger areas.
- 1838 and 1848 – Hard times are experienced from fishery failures combined with crop failures.
- 1843 – A school is constructed.
- 1869 – The population is listed as 64.
- 1999 – 3 families in residence at Low Point.
Towns and Communities nearby
- Baccalieu Trail
- Historical Baccalieu Trail
- Newfoundland Heritage Site
- Dictionary of Newfoundland English
|This Newfoundland and Labrador location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|