Boynton interviewed about Bohemian Rhapsody in 2018
|Born||17 January 1994|
New York City, U.S.
|Partner(s)||Rami Malek (2018–present)|
Lucy Boynton (born 17 January 1994) is a British-American actress. She made her film debut as the young Beatrix Potter in Miss Potter (2006). She acted in the films Copperhead (2013), Sing Street (2016), Murder on the Orient Express (2017) and Apostle (2018), then portrayed Mary Austin in the biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody (2018). Boynton currently stars as Astrid Sloan in the Netflix series The Politician and will portray singer Marianne Faithfull in the upcoming biopic Faithfull (2021).
Boynton was born in New York City and grew up in London. She is the daughter of British-born Graham Boynton, the group travel editor of the Telegraph Media Group, and Adriaane Pielou, a travel writer. She has an elder sister, Emma-Louise Boynton. She attended Blackheath High School, followed by James Allen's Girls' School in Dulwich, south London.
Boynton's first professional role was as the young Beatrix Potter in the 2006 British-American film Miss Potter. Boynton has said that the first day of filming was "the best day of [her] life". In 2007, she was nominated for the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actress, for Miss Potter.
She played Posy Fossil in 2007, one of three main characters, in the BBC film Ballet Shoes. Posy is a young, ambitious ballerina who is taken under the wing of a prestigious dance academy. She did not dance in Ballet Shoes; instead a body double was used for her character's dancing scenes. Boynton also played the role of Margaret Dashwood in the BBC serial Sense and Sensibility. In 2011, Boynton played a guest lead on Lewis. She appeared in Mo with Julie Walters and David Haig. She portrayed the mysterious model Raphina in the 2016 film Sing Street, a ghost Polly Parsons in the 2016 film I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House and Countess Helena Andrenyi in the 2017 adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express.
Boynton played Freddie Mercury's partner Mary Austin in Bohemian Rhapsody (2018), which earned the cast a nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at the 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards.
In February 2020, it was announced that Boynton would play Marianne Faithfull in an upcoming biopic. Production is set to begin in October of 2020 and will cover Faithfull's rise to fame until the age of 23. 
|2006||Miss Potter||Young Beatrix Potter|
|Hymn to Pan||Holliday||Short|
|2015||The Blackcoat's Daughter||Rose|
|I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House||Polly Parsons|
|Don't Knock Twice||Chloe|
|2017||Rebel in the Rye||Claire Douglas|
|Let Me Go||Emily||Jury Award at Bentonville Film Festival for Best Ensemble|
|Murder on the Orient Express||Countess Helena Andrenyi|
|Bohemian Rhapsody||Mary Austin|
|2007||Ballet Shoes||Posy Fossil||TV film|
|2008||Sense & Sensibility||Margaret Dashwood||TV miniseries|
|2010||Mo||Henrietta Norton||TV film|
|2011||Lewis||Zoe Suskin||Episode: "The Gift of Promise"|
|2011, 2014||Borgia||Sister Lucia||Episodes: "God's Monster", "1497"|
|2014||Endeavour||Petra Briers||Episode: "Nocturne"|
|2014||Law & Order: UK||Georgia Hutton||Episode: "Bad Romance"|
|2015||Life in Squares||Angelica Bell||TV miniseries|
|2017||Gypsy||Allison Adams||Main role|
|2019–present||The Politician||Astrid Sloan||Main role|
- Alocada, Vincent (23 July 2016). "'The Flash' movie rumors: Kiersey Clemons and Rita Ora compete for the Iris West role". Ecumenical News. Archived from the original on 21 March 2019. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Lucy Boynton". The Protagonist Magazine. 30 July 2015. Archived from the original on 30 March 2019. Retrieved 4 May 2016.
- Once upon a time there was a little girl who wanted to be a movie star Archived 14 July 2018 at the Wayback Machine The Daily Telegraph. 6 December 2006
- Pielou, Adriaane (12 December 2006) My Lucy, the film star Archived 23 August 2020 at the Wayback Machine, The Daily Telegraph
- Walden, Celia (7 August 2007) based on Noel Streatfeild's 1936 novel Emma makes a classic pirouette Archived 21 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine, The Daily Telegraph
- Andrew Billen (2 January 2008). "Davies makes perfect sense". Reviews. The Times. London.
- "QueenOnline Reveals 'Mary Austin'". Queen Online. 6 September 2017. Archived from the original on 6 September 2017. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (12 December 2018). "SAG Awards: Full List of Nominations". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 12 December 2018. Retrieved 12 December 2018.
- "Lucy Boynton Confirmed as Marianne Faithfull in Upcoming Biopic 'Faithfull'". www.msn.com. Archived from the original on 5 February 2020. Retrieved 5 February 2020.
- ""Lucy Boynton on Becoming Marianne Faithfull"". WWD. 29 February 2020. Archived from the original on 29 February 2020. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- D'Aluisio, Alexandra (4 January 2019). "Rami Malek Finally Confirms His Relationship With 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Costar Lucy Boynton: 'My Love'". US Weekly. Archived from the original on 14 May 2019. Retrieved 4 January 2019.