Coleman at the 1992 Barcelona Paralympics
16 September 1964 |
Lynette ("Lyn") Coleman (born 16 September 1964) is an Australian Paralympic boccia player, athlete and swimmer with cerebral palsy. She was born in Brisbane. At the 1984 New York/Stoke Mandeville Paralympics, she won a silver medal in the Women's Slalom C1 event and also competed in swimming . At the 1988 Seoul Paralympics, she competed in athletics and boccia events, and she competed solely in boccia at the 1992 Barcelona, 1996 Atlanta, and 2000 Sydney Paralympics. From 1995 to 2000, her international ranking climbed every year. In 2000, she received an Australian Sports Medal.
In July 2005, she won the BC3 singles and BC3 pairs (with Laura Solomon) and in September of that year, she reached the quarter finals of the BC3 Singles event and was part of the team that came fourth in the BC3 Teams event in the Asia and South Pacific Boccia Championships.
- "Australians at the 1996 Atlanta Paralympics: Boccia". Australian Sports Commission. Archived from the original on 19 January 2000. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Athlete Search Results". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Boccia Preview". Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games Official Program. Sydney: International Paralympic Committee. 17 October 2000.
- "Coleman, Lyn: Australian Sports Medal". It's an Honour. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Boccia". Australian Athletes with a Disability E-Newsletter. July 2005. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "Asia and South Pacific Boccia Championships". Australian Athletes with a Disability E-Newsletter. October 2005. Retrieved 20 May 2012.