This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maagha (nepalii: माघ maagh) is a month of the Hindu calendar. In nepal's national civil calendar, Maagh is the eleventh month of the year, and in the Gregorian calendar it corresponds with January/February.
In lunar calendars, Maagh may begin on either the new moon or the full moon around the same time of year, and is usually the tenth month of the year. It is named thus because in this month, the full moon is usually found nearby or within the star cluster called "Magha".
|Shukla Paksha||Krishna Paksha|
|1. Prathama||1. Prathama|
|2. Dwitiya||2. Dwitiya|
|3. Tritiya||3. Tritiya|
|4. Chaturthi||4. Chaturthi|
|5. Panchami||5. Panchami|
|6. Shashti||6. Shashti|
|7. Saptami||7. Saptami|
|8. Ashtami||8. Ashtami|
|9. Navami||9. Navami|
- Maagha shudda navami is called MADHWA NAVAMI on the day which trilokya charya,jagadguru Sri MADHWA CHARYA was born,who was an avatar of Lord hanuman,bheemasena
[Maha Shivaratri]] is the most important festival celebrated in the month of Magha.
- Shukla Panchami: Vasant Panchami
- Shukla Saptami: Ratha Saptami
- Maagh Mela is an important festival celebrated most of North India.
- The world-famous "Maha Maham" festival which is held every 12 years during full moon day of this month of "maasi".
Maha Sankranti Shukla astami is called as veeshma astami.The day on which Veeshma,son of ganga was born
|This article about Hindu religious studies, scripture or ceremony is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|