Maria of Austria, Duchess of Jülich-Cleves-Berg
(Redirected from Maria of Austria (1531-1581))
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Duchess of Jülich-Cleves-Berg|
Maria of Habsburg and her daughter Marie Eleonore
15 May 1531|
|Died||11 December 1581
Hambach Castle, Niederzier
|Spouse||William, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg|
|Father||Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor|
|Mother||Anna of Bohemia and Hungary|
She married William, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg on 18 July 18, 1546 as his second wife and they had the following children:
- Marie Eleonore (25 June 1550 – 1608); married Albert Frederick, Duke of Prussia.
- Anna (1 March 1552 – 6 October 1632); married Philip Louis, Count Palatine of Neuburg.
- Magdalene (2 November 1553 – 30 July 1633); married John I, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken, brother of Philip Louis, Count Palatine of Neuburg.
- Charles Frederick (1555–75)
- Elizabeth (1556–61)
- Sibylle (1557–1627); married Karl II Habsburg (1560–1618) of Austria, Margrave of Burgau, a morganatic son of Ferdinand II, Archduke of Austria
- John William (28 May 1562 – 25 March 1609), Bishop of Münster, Count of Altena, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg; married firstly, in 1585, to Jakobea of Baden (1558–97), daughter of Philibert, Margrave of Baden-Baden; married secondly, in 1599, to Antonia of Lorraine (1568–1610), daughter of Charles III, Duke of Lorraine).
|Ancestors of Maria of Austria, Duchess of Jülich-Cleves-Berg|
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a member of a European royal house is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|