BA MA DMin
|Dean of Rochester|
|Church||Church of England|
|Born||1962 (age 54–55)|
Early life and education
Beach grew up in Staffordshire. He studied theology at the University of Kent for his BA degree in 1980 and completed an MA degree in mission and ministry studies at Nottingham University in 1995. At King's College London he completed a University of London doctorate in ministry (DMin) in 2011.
Beach trained for ordained ministry at St Stephen's House from 1985 to 1987. His curacy was at Hucknall Torkard in the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham. He then moved to the parish of Gedling, a few miles away in the same diocese, as rector from 1993 to 2001. He was the bishop's chaplain in the Diocese of Wakefield from 2001 to 2003 before going to Rugby, Warwickshire, as a team rector. He left Rugby in 2012 to take up the appointment of Dean of Rochester. In January 2015 it was announced that he had resigned from this position because of issues regarding his marriage break-up.
In late January the Bishop of Rochester announced that "[Beach] is taking on a new role outside ordained ministry, and has been appointed to the post of director of the Blackfriars Settlement."
- Mr Mark Beach (until 1987)
- The Revd Mark Beach (1987–2012; 2015–present)
- The Very Revd Mark Beach (2012–2015)
- Beach, Mark (2012), Mark Beach, LinkedIn Corporation, retrieved 2013-02-21
- Clarke, Sarah (2012-02-06), "Mark Beach is new Dean of Rochester", KentOnline, KM Group, retrieved 2015-07-29
- Dean & Chapter of Rochester (2013), Who's Who at the Cathedral, retrieved 2013-04-04
- HM Government (2012-02-06), Dean of Rochester, retrieved 2013-02-21
- Hunter, Chris (2015-01-25), "Dean of Rochester Cathedral, Dr Mark Beach, has resigned", KentOnline, KM group, retrieved 2015-07-29
- London SE1 website team (2015-01-28), "Mark Beach: from cathedral dean to Blackfriars Settlement director", londonse1 community website, Bankside Press, retrieved 2015-07-29
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a United Kingdom religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a notable person in connection with Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|