|Full name||Mark Lesland Hebden|
|Born||15 February 1958|
|FIDE rating||2453 (May 2021)|
|Peak rating||2567 (October 2001)|
Hebden was British Rapidplay Chess Champion in 1990, 1994, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2015 .
He was equal first in four editions of the very strong Cappelle-la-Grande Open: 1989, 1990, 1995 and 1997.
In 2001 he tied for 1st-4th with Yannick Pelletier, Tamaz Gelashvili and Vladimir Tukmakov in the 9th Neuchâtel Open and in 2009/10 tied for 1st-4th with Andrei Istrățescu, Romain Edouard and David Howell in the Hastings International Chess Congress.
Hebden is a regular participant at the 4NCL, Britain's premier chess league and in 2013, won the 4NCL Individual Championship, held at Daventry. He also plays in the Leicestershire Amateur League for the chess club Braunstone and on Internet Chess Club ICC as 'mhebden'. ICC is a commercial site where many titled players gather.
- leonard Barden (10 January 2014). "Mark Hebden stands out in battle at Hastings". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "European Men's Team Chess Championship: Mark Hebden". OlimpBase. Retrieved 11 April 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "9ème Open de Neuchâtel". Neuchatel-Echecs.ch. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Giddins, Steve (6 January 2010). "Hastings Four players tie for first with 7.0-9". ChessBase. Retrieved 6 January 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "4NCL Individual Championship Crosstable 2013".
- "Internet Chess Club: Mark Hebden".