|Member of Parliament
for Alyn and Deeside
7 June 2001
|Preceded by||Barry Jones|
|Born||Mark Richard Tami
3 October 1962
Enfield, Middlesex, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Sally Daniels Tami|
|Alma mater||University of Wales, Swansea|
Born in Enfield, Tami was educated at Enfield Grammar School (by then a comprehensive school), and graduated in history at the University of Wales, Swansea. He was previously National Head of Policy of the union Amicus, (previously the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2015)|
Tami was returned again as MP for Alyn and Deeside at the 2005 general election. He resigned his post as Parliamentary Private Secretary to Dawn Primarolo on 6 September 2006, due to the refusal by Tony Blair to name a date for stepping down as Prime Minister. He was joined by fellow Welsh MPs Ian Lucas and Wayne David in resignation.
Tami was re-elected as MP for Alyn and Deeside on 7 May 2015 with a slightly increased majority on the 2010 general election. (2015 general election).
During the MPs expenses scandal Tami was one of a number of MPs accused by the Daily Telegraph of over-claiming on council tax expenses for their second home. Tami "I will go back and calculate the exact level I have over-claimed in error and repay the sum involved"
He married Sally Daniels in July 1994 in Bromley and they have two sons. They live in Llanfynydd having lived in Bromley for many years. He is a former member of the TUC General Council and an active member of the Fabian Society.
- "MPs' expenses: MPs made inflated council tax claims". Daily Telegraph. 19 Jun 2009. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- Profile, votetami.marktami.co.uk; accessed 8 May 2015.
- Mark Tami MP Welsh Labour Party profile
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 1803–2005
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- News articles
- Scottish Power in June 2008
- Fly tipping in January 2007
- World Cup Flu in May 2002
- Deesside Industrial Park in February 2002
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Alyn and Deeside