Martin Randall Travel
Martin Randall Travel is a cultural tour operator in Britain. It specialises in small group tours and classical music festivals.
Martin Randall Travel was founded in 1988. Its primary focus is the organisation of small group tours, led by a lecturer who is an expert in their field. In 1994, the company expanded into producing music festivals to complement their small group tours. The company pioneered this concept, and has seven festivals confirmed for 2017 including A Festival of Music in Florence, Toledo: A Festival of Spanish Music, A Festival of Music in Salzburg, The Rhone Music Festival, The Danube Music Festival, The Johann Sebastian Bach Journey, and Vivaldi in Venice.
Martin Randall Travel focuses on a small clientele and has received favourable reviews. Ian Irvine in The Independent said, "All three... highlights from my life as a cultural tourist were part of the remarkable series of music festivals run by Martin Randall." Christine Headley praised Martin Randall Travel's handling of money - covering most costs and distributing local currency - on the festival she attended. Kenneth Asch wrote in the Travellers' Handbook, "Of all the travel services I have researched, Martin Randall Travel is perhaps the most comprehensive, culturally speaking."
Martin Randall Travel won two first-place awards at the 2015 British Travel Awards: Best Special Interest Holiday Company (Small) and Best Holiday Company for Customer Service (Small). In 2016 it won both of them again, and also won Best Escorted Tours Holiday Company (small).
- Martin Randall, founder
- Vernon Ellis
- Ian Hutchinson
- Neil Taylor
- Fiona Urquhart
- William Burton
- Michael Shmith (October 27, 2005). "Walking, Not Cruising". The Age. Retrieved 2008-11-30.
- Ian Irvine (18 April 2004). "All the (Baroque) world's a stage". The Independent. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Christine Headley (1997). "Seven Days in Danubia". Review of The Fourth Austro-Hungarian Music Festival. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Kenneth Asch. "The Cultural Traveller". The Traveller's Handbook. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "British Travel Awards 2014". Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "British Travel Awards 2016". Retrieved 2016-12-07.